56

Aycie Locke

August 22nd, New York.

"Just answer when he calls, you got this" John says after turning his laptop around to face me.

Today is the day of the first meeting I have scheduled with the big boss.

It's to check up on how the album is coming along since we're going to start recording it soon, the band also have regular meetings with John to manage their schedules with any press they need to add to it and work around.

Whilst the band talked to John about how they were doing, and how their schedules are looking I went outside to have a very long talk with my grandma and grandad.

They put Tigger on the phone and I said his name and he meowed at me. I was an emotional wreck and even shed a tear over it.

Now I'm sat back in the conference room on the table with the band and John, apparently it's compulsory that I be the one to lead this meeting.

A camera flashes up as their contact rings through the laptop screen and I do a little mental countdown before I click the answer button and out on a nice big smile.

Fake it till you make it.

"Miss Locke" is the first thing I hear as a projection of this man I'm talking to is displayed onto the screen in front of me.

He wore a very expensive looking navy blue suit, looked to be freshly shaved and not a single strand of his grey hair was out of place. He had his hands interlocked together on the oak table in front of him and I could see a very posh watch on his wrist and gold cuff links on his sleeves. Behind him was a huge window with a view of sky scrapers and a gloomy England day, he must be in central London.

Holy fuck this is the deepest I've ever been in the deep end.

"Sir Camden, it's nice to finally be able to talk to you" I give him a look of confidence but god I'm really crumbling right now.

I felt like a fucking idiot even saying his name. Why the fuck did I say sir?

Even his name sounded wealthy.

"You can just call me Tom" he flattens his hands out and I take a shallow breath.

"You can call me Ace if you'd like, actually you don't have to if you don't want to" I reciprocate, second guessing myself on whether it was my place to tell him what to call me.

Was that rude?

What if he's weirded out by my name, Ace sounds like a boys name.

I remember when I was younger my mum told me it was because she wanted a boy and she wanted to call him Ace, but she had a girl instead so she made a play on the word and called me Aycie instead so she could still use 'Ace' for a nickname.

My dad wanted a daughter though so he let it slide, I really like being called Ace as a nickname though, I've considered going into the casino industry but It was a short lived consideration.

"Okay Ace" he smiles and nods at me.

Okay that looked good. My big girl trousers are locked and loaded right now.