Chapter 13: Meeting Normani's Parents {Under Editing/ Edited} (I)

Normani is currently trying to wake up Vanessa. So, she resorts to a technique known to work. She starts peppering Vanessa's face with kisses. She finally starts stirring, before scrunching her nose at the feeling, which makes Normani giggle, and kiss her nose repeatedly. Vanessa opens her eyes to see Normani, and she pulls the covers over her face. "Guess desperate times call for desperate measures."

Normani gets on top of her, which is when Vanessa decides to make a joke, uncovering her face. "You know what they really do-"

Her sentence is cut off by Normani kissing her softly. "You awake now." Normani giggles.

"If I said I wasn't, that'd be a lie and-"

Normani presses her finger to Vanessa's lips, before giggling. "Shut up, okay."

"Okay, but what are you in here for.?"

"Our plane leaves in two hours."

"Really."

"Mhm." Normani giggles, before she leans down to peck Vanessa's lips, but Vanessa pushes her away. Normani quirks an eyebrow before sarcastically rolling her eyes and chuckling. "I don't have morning breath, okay."

"Sure you don't." Vanessa chuckles.

"You wanna see.?" Normani smirks.

"No no no, I believe you."

"Good. Now get up, girl."

"Fine fine."

When Vanessa gets in the shower, Normani sits down on the couch and pummels her forehead, before pinching the bridge of her nose. "Can someone tell me where my mind was when I was asking to adopt her.?"

"I'm wondering where mine was too sister." Ally chuckles.

"Damn, Ally's questioning her judgement." Lauren chuckles.

Normani goes to get ready herself.

"Ready princess.?" Vanessa looks up and nods at the sound of Normani's voice. "Good."

"Leaving.?" Camila asks, looking up from her phone.

"Yeah." Normani nods.

"Bye." Camila says hugging them.

"Bye.!" Ally exclaims hugging them too. The others just come up and hug them.

"Bye.!" Normani waves before walking out. Vanessa is silent for the entire car ride to the airport. "What's the matter princess.?"

"Nothing." She mumbles inaudibly. Normani sighs and gets out to open her door.

"Baby girl." Normani says after opening the door. She unbuckles the seatbelt, and crouches down to her eye level. "I need you..." Normani says kissing her softly. "To be yourself. I know you're extremely nervous. I can't even begin to imagine how nervous you are right now."

"How can I be myself around people I don't even know." Vanessa says, starting to cry. Normani pulls her out of the seat and into her lap.

"You can do it." Normani says squeezing her hand.

"....You really think so.?" Vanessa asks.

"I know so." Normani says. Vanessa looks at her and smiles. "There it is.!" Normani exclaims, tickling her. Vanessa laughs some, and Normani does too. "Come on cutie." Normani giggles, picking her up and walking into the airport. When they get to the TSA check, the person is staring at them. Only Vanessa notices that this person looks familiar.

"Hello.! How are you doing today.?" The agent asks, zipping the bag. When Vanessa turns around, she hears another zip. Something seems awkward about that, but she lets it go. She sees other agents zipping other bags, so she thinks it was one of them. They get on the plane with ease, and it's in first class like Camila's, except for there's a bed, and menus.