Chapter 27: C'est La Vie

A/N 6.2k 🤷🏽‍♀️

2 weeks later

Vanessa's POV

I'm sleeping next to Normani, before she shifts, kissing my forehead. I open my eyes and look up at her.

"I just wanted to be the first to tell you I love you, before anyone else does." Normani giggles, her voice having a thick accent because she just woke up.

I roll my eyes slightly, before responding. "I love you too." I chuckle.

"Okay then, don't love me back." Normani chuckles also.

"Did I say that?"

"No, but it's the way you're acting," She retorts jokingly.

"What time is it?" I ask.

She rolls over the opposite way to check her phone before turning back over. "3:15."

"Oh."

She suddenly crawls on top of me, looking into my eyes. "You aren't really tired, are you?"

"Uh, no."

"Vanessa." She scolds.

"Whaaat?" I reply, causing her to giggle.

"Never mind, never mind." She giggles again. "Let's go for a walk outside."

"Okay." I say, as we both put on jackets and hats, and leave out, walking for some time before speaking up. "So, what'd you want to talk about?"

"There's a lot I could talk about, but I really wanna talk about us." Normani says.

"Okay, what about?"

"...I haven't been quite honest as I said I'd be."

"Again, what about?" I ask.

"My feelings."

This causes me to stop abruptly, and seconds later, she's directly in front of me. "W-what do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean." She says.

"I do?"

"Fine, I was trying to prevent from coming out and saying it, but there goes that." She chuckles.

"Saying what?"

Normani sighs. "Do you have a crush on me?"

"What made you think that?" I ask, just making sure it's her genuine question.

"Nothing, never mind." She sighs, dismissing the question, disappointed.

"No, I was just wondering if someone put you up to it or if you're sincerely asking me."

She sighs in relief. "Sorry about that. I'm actually asking you."

"Oh, well in that case...." I say, trailing off to mess with her.

"Stop playing with me and tell me." Normani chuckles.

"I feel like if I say no, you're gonna make me like you."

"Whaaat? I'd never." She giggles.

"I may or may not have a crush on you."