Chapter 50: Surprises (I)

Vanessa's POV

It's been 3 months to the day of Normani and I breaking up....or trying to.

She said we were back together, but she's starting to become more and more distant.

We got the restraining order reinforced, but I'm still not quite so sure if I want to go to school today.

I'm trying to stay positive through all this, because I've been surrounded by people who genuinely care about me.

I hear a knock on my door, and I look up to see Ally.

"Hey, did you decide whether you're going or not?"

"I'm not even sure, honestly." I sigh, making her walk over and sit in my lap, hugging me.

"I honestly don't know how you haven't went off on her through this whole thing," Ally says.

"I don't either." I chuckle. "I think I'll go today so we can get it over with."

Ally smiles. "I totally agree with that. I think we should make the best of this,"

"I think so too," I say.

"Get dressed so you don't be later than you already are."

"Okay," I say, sighing and getting up to go take a shower.

After I get in the shower, I feel arms wrap around me. I flinch and try to get out of whoever's grip immediately, before I hear a familiar chuckle, pulling me back. "Baby, it's me. I thought you'd notice."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't look," I say.

She comes around to face me. "Is something wrong?"

Should I lie or tell her the truth?

I think lying is the easiest thing right now. But if I lie she'd think there's no trust in this relationship...I guess I'll tell her the truth.

I sigh. "There's just something I don't feel like doing."

"Tell me," Normani says.

"I can't," I say.

"Is it that bad?" Normani asks.

"Well," I sigh, running a hand through my hair before leaning against the wall. "I don't think it's all that bad, and Ally doesn't either. Some people would, but it's for the best."

"If it's for the best, then I shouldn't stop you from doing it. No one should. But if it comes between us, then I'd strongly consider not doing it,"

"Why not?" I ask.

Normani looks away, before looking back at me. "I just don't think you should do it because you don't know what you could be missing or leaving behind."

She's hiding something.

But we both wash like normal, before things begin to take a turn. I push her off of me, and she looks at me like she's confused. "What's wrong?"

"I just don't want to," I say.

"It's okay," She says, but her eyes signal that she looks hurt.

If only she knew.

~

We eat our breakfast of eggs, sausage, and bacon.