Chapter 3

1 week later

"Babe." Dinah says poking Vanessa.

"Wake up." Lauren says. She hears them talking but ignores them. "Come on wake up." She gets ready, and Dinah picks her up.

"Going to sleep.?" Dinah asks.

"I'll take up on that." Vanessa says laying her head on Dinah's shoulder.

"He's going the long way purposely." Lauren says.

"Okay." Vanessa and Dinah both say. The last thing Dinah says to her is "I love you." before she goes to sleep.

"Babe, wake up, we're at the school." Dinah says shaking her slightly.

"I don't feel like walking." Vanessa says with a laugh.

"I don't blame you." Lauren says taking her backpack and duffle, getting out as Dinah carries her. "What in the hell is this a damn brick.?" She asks as they both laugh.

"Nah only 4 binders and a laptop." Vanessa says with a laugh.

"Well, I'll be damn." Lauren says with a laugh.

"Thanks Dinah." Vanessa says as they get to the top of the stairs.

"No problem." She says putting Vanessa down.

"This is a really good arm workout." Dinah says referring to Vanessa's backpack.

"You Don't think it's heavy.?" Vanessa asks.

"No. Mine used to be heavier."

"Really.?" Vanessa and Lauren ask her as they walk into the classroom.

"Yeah." She says putting down Vanessa's backpack as Lauren leaves.

"Sounds like a heavy backpack." Ms. Hernandez says.

"It was." Dinah says with a laugh as the tardy bell rings. "I'm gonna go now. Love you." She says hugging Vanessa.

"I love you too Dinah." Vanessa says to her as she runs out, bumps into a person but keeps walking like she did nothing. Second period went by like a breeze.

"Hey. Would you do me a favor and go to the teacher's lounge for me.?" Ms. Hernandez says seeing Vanessa in the hallway.

"Sure." Vanessa says to her. "What do you want.?"

"A Sprite." Ally's Mom says.

"Okay." Vanessa says to her walking out. When she gets down the stairs, she bumps into someone.

"Hey.!" Anna says to her.

"Oh hey.!" Vanessa says hugging her.

"Where are you going.?" Anna asks following her.

"Ally's mom wants a soda." Vanessa says to her putting the change in.

"But wait, sodas cost a dollar not 2." Anna says as Vanessa's confused at first.

"I guess she gave me the other dollar for myself." Vanessa says with a laugh as she puts it in.

"Why are you in here.?" The math teacher asks.

"Stop being nosy and mind ya business goodbye." Anna says flipping her off.

"Well-" She says.

"Well nothing so you not understand the two words good and bye.? So goodbye." Anna says as she finally walks off.

"Well damn." Vanessa says with a laugh getting Ally's Mom's soda and candy bar.

"I feel like she's up to something." Vanessa says to her.