Chapter 21: Be Alright

Vanessa is asleep on Normani's lap, and they're all casually talking in the limo.

"I can't believe she's still trying, like oh my god. She needs to just leave munchkin alone!" Camila says.

"Yeah! The bitch is going way too far with this." Lauren says.

"What was she like when you went to get her, at first?" Normani asks, softly.

"I don't know what else she would've done if I hadn't came in, but she had some scissors. She was cutting up and tearing everything that Iggy bought for her, because she hated her. I think she was going to try and slit her wrists again." Dinah says.

"So....if I went and bought the same exact things...there's a better chance that she'd keep it?" Lauren asks, surprised.

"She's a nice person, I'd think so." Ally shrugs before nodding.

Lauren looks at them, shocked. "Holy shit. That's amazing."

They arrive at the school a while later.

"Princess. Wake up." Normani says in a soft tone, speaking in her ear. Vanessa groans lowly and wakes up, causing Normani to giggle.

"Mani, I don't want to go." Vanessa says snuggling into her.

"Go on, it'll be fine." Normani says.

"Really?" Vanessa asks, looking up at Normani.

"Yes. If anything happens, I'll be one of the first looking for you." Normani says. "I love you baby girl."

"I love you too." Vanessa says hugging her as the door opens. Vanessa gets out and walks in with Dinah and Lauren. Normani is suddenly infatuated by her progress, and couldn't help but smile. The bell rings a while after she goes in, and Vanessa comes back out to see if they're still there. They all laugh, and wave at her. The limo drives off, and they all sigh, sitting back. But this time, it was a happy sigh.

"Guys, I think we've finally done it." Dinah says.

"Yeah, I think so too." Camila says.

"Okay fine I'm soft." Lauren groans.

"Yay!" Normani exclaims, happily.

"Lauren is soft, Lauren is soft, ha haha haha, ha!" Ally says in a singsong tone.

"Shut up!" Lauren laughs. The others join in. A while later, Vanessa is in her ROTC class, and of course, Sammy and her clique of friends are talking about her.

"She's such a bitch." Sammy says.

"I can imagine." Her friend replies.

"No, I had to tolerate her in my house for years."

"Why didn't you kick her out?" The other friend asks.

"I tried! But she wouldn't leave!" Sammy says.

Vanessa chuckles and takes a bite of her pizza, hearing them talking.

"Do you not know exactly how many times I tried to leave.?! Like, the bitch is pathetic. Come on now."

"How many times did you try to leave.?" Abby asks, eating a slice of pizza herself.

"It was too many to count. The last time we were arguing, Ally had told me to pack up stuff in a bag, like my book bag, and go back a few times in that same week." Vanessa says.

"Why does this seem like a damn abusive relationship." Emma asks, before everyone laughs.

"I would think rape is close enough to it." Vanessa says.