Chapter 20: Chances {Edited} (I)

No One's POV

Vanessa got hit in the leg, and they're scared of the bullet cutting off her leg. So the ambulance is going as fast as possible. Normani got hit in the arm and leg, and she's bleeding out at a fast pace. So the others are in the ambulance, except for Tinashe and Normani's sisters.

"Names." The receptionist says.

"Arielle Toole."

"Ashlee Hamilton."

"Tinashe Kachingwe."

"Relation.?"

"Legal Aunts."

"Legal guardian."

~

Normani is doing fine, but Vanessa's hanging by a string. She is fully alive, they just don't know whether they should do surgery on her.

"Sweetie. We have to do surgery on you."

"Oh. Okay." Vanessa replies. The nurse goes out in the lobby to find the other girls.

"Guardians of Vanessa Hamilton-Jauregui.?" Dinah, Camila, Lauren and Ally look up. "We need your permission to do surgery on her."

"What are the chances.?" Camila asks. The nurse sighs.

"10%."

"10.?! You said fucking 10.?!" Lauren exclaims.

"Are any of you her biological relatives, by chance.?"

"Me." Ally says immediately.

"We need yours first ma'am." She signs it quickly and passes it to the others.

"You better make sure she survives this, whatever you have to do." Dinah says, signing it. The last one left is Lauren.

"Fine." Lauren spits, reaching for the pen. "Where do I sign.?" She sighs, getting up. Meanwhile, Ally and Camila are jumping up and down from excitement. Lauren signs it and sits down. "What this child has done to me." The nurse goes to find Normani's room.

"Normani Kordei Hamilton.?"

"Yes.?" Normani looks up.

"We need your permission to do surgery on your daughter." The nurse says.

"What's the survival chance.?" Normani asks.

"10."

"YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME 10.?! AFTER ALL SHE'S BEEN THROUGH, YOU-" Normani says, before stopping herself, and placing her head in her hands. "Fine." She sighs. "Where do I sign.?" She asks looking up. She signs it quickly after being told where.

-4 hours later-

Vanessa is alive, but unconscious. The monitor starts going crazy, with weird readings from her brain. Instead of green lines to signify heartbeat, it's red. It's long, red zigzag lines. It's making noises, and her heart rate starts going up drastically. Then, it's a straight line and a droning beep. Vanessa is dead......or so it appears. They try to touch her, but they see sparks. Real sparks. This happens countless times. They back up finally, and watch. They see her movements, and She comes back to life. After Normani gets the surgery done on herself, she immediately goes into panic mode starts asking questions concerning Vanessa. "Is Vanessa okay.?"

"Normani, I don't know-"

Normani cuts off her nurse, growling at her some. "Is she alive or dead.?"

Vanessa's nurse tries to get in, but Normani's nurse tries to block her, but she gets through, coming to Normani, holding her hand. "Normani, relax. She made it through the surgery fine." Normani starts crying of happiness.