Chapter 10: My Everything {Under Editing/Edited}

A/N slightly edited. I had it this way, but I changed it. Hope you like it. ☺️

1 week later

Vanessa walks back to their house. The door opens to reveal
Normani.

They look at each other, too shocked to say anything.

"....hi...." She says barely being able to form words.

"..hi...." They don't say anything to each other. Their looks do the talking.
"Are you going to let me in.?"
"I thought you were just going to walk past me."
"Why would I do that it'd be rude."
Vanessa could tell that Normani was trying hard to not smile, and very hard at that. She moves out of the way, lets Vanessa in, and walks away. It doesn't bother Vanessa for a bit, before she doesn't see Normani at all.

"Mani.?" Vanessa asks, thinking she's in the other room. She knocks on Normani's door, before hearing shuffling and a fumbling with the door before revealing Normani with glossed over eyes.

"I'm s-sor-ry-ry." Normani hiccups before crying. Her legs buckle under her, but Vanessa being in front of her naturally caught her. Normani stands up and hugs Vanessa close to her while crying.

"Mani, stop crying," Vanessa says, hugging her back.

"Why.?" Normani questions, still crying.

"Because...I forgive you..," Vanessa says slightly hesitant.

"Really.?" Normani asks, looking up.

"Yeah...really," Vanessa says. Normani hugs her tightly.

"I did figure it out," She says.

"When Lauren tried to tell you, you cut her off."

"I should've known. She never does that," Normani says with a laugh and a sniffle. "Can you tell me exactly what it was about.?" She asks laying on the couch.

"No...," Vanessa says, not wanting to relive that.

"Please.?" Normani asks softly.

"Fine," Vanessa says to her, before telling her.

"I'd never think about doing that to you. I love you baby girl," Normani says, pecking her lips in between sentences.

"Well I mean-" They talk for a bit, before Vanessa notices Normani fading in and out of the conversation. Then, she notices Normani leaning in to kiss her. "Mani." Is all it takes for Normani to stop where she is.

"Um, shit. I'm sorry,"Normani says, moving backwards.

"It's uh..okay."

"Anyways..." Normani trails off, wanting Vanessa to continue.

"...And aren't you ga-"

"Shut up.!" Normani laughs, playfully poking her. They talk for a while before Normani speaks up. "You're too forgiving." She says.

"Did you say so or too.?" Vanessa asks her, wanting to see what she would say.

"So," She says with a laugh.

"You're lying." Vanessa laughs.

"How do you know.?"

"I don't know. I just guessed like you do."

"I don't guess. I can always tell."

Normani gets up off of the couch, and stands over her.