Chapter 41: Leave Me Lonely

2 months later

No One's POV

Vanessa is out at Barnes and Noble, before she hears a voice. "Hey, can we talk?"

"No we cannot," Vanessa says.

"Damn." Someone else chuckles.

"Why won't you give me a chance?"

"You had your chances, what makes you think that I should forgive you?"

"Why shouldn't you?"

"You raped me and said you didn't do it, you made fake text messages," Vanessa sips on her frappe and looks up from her book at her now arch nemesis. "Shall I continue?"

~

It's been 2 hours, and Sammy just won't leave her alone.

"Listen to me! Please!" Sammy says.

"Keep it down over there!" The cashier whisper yells.

"Sorry." Sammy smiles politely, before turning back to Vanessa.

Meanwhile, Normani is sitting in the car, waiting on Vanessa, so she texts her.

-Baby girl you good?

Vanessa sees this and replies, sighing.

I'm okay Mani.

-If you need me, just tell me. I haven't left yet.

Sammy tries any and everything to get Vanessa to understand her.

"I will drop anything and everything for you,"

"I keep trying with you because I love you!"

"I really want to get on your good side,"

"I want to be with you and all of that but I'm not ready for a commitment,"

"You see this," Vanessa says, showing the bracelet Normani gave her. "This is a commitment. You never bought me anything for my birthday, or any gifts at all. I used to spend my last $5 on you, and you wouldn't even give me an extra dollar to buy something with," Vanessa says.

"I didn't think I had to buy you gifts, I thought I could say I loved you until you believed it. You've become too prideful for your own good, and you really need to stop," Sammy says.

"It's not called being "prideful," it's called actually knowing what love is," Vanessa says.

"She doesn't love you!" Sammy exclaims, trying any and everything to get Vanessa on her wavelength.

"I'm tired of your mind games, and it's time that I put a stop to this. Pick a side."

"She doesn't deserve you,"

"Give me a chance. I'll never leave you."

Vanessa knows in her heart that Normani will never leave her high and dry. They may break up in the future, but she feels that they will never be on bad terms.

"What if she leaves you, then what?" Sammy asks.

"Then...I'll just be lonely," Vanessa says.