Chapter 49: Should've Been Us

No One's POV

Vanessa has had a fairly average day so far with Sammy being held in jail for what they did yesterday.

Vanessa goes over to pick up her book bag by the top, and it rips there. "Um, okay," Vanessa says, starting to grab a handle, but that rips too. "That's weird,"

"I'll help," Emma says, taking a binder and paper out of Vanessa's book bag.

Alejandra looks over when she finishes packing hers. "I'll help too," She says, also taking a binder and paper, while Vanessa takes her computer and iPad. "And I'll take these Sour Patch Kids for my service. You are greatly appreciated."

"You're going to take the whole bag?" Emma asks.

"Damn right I am," Alejandra says, as they walk out.

"Uh uh bitch this ain't gon' fly, give me some," Emma says, reaching over to take the bag.

Alejandra turns away from her, before turning back around. "One thing I don't play about is my Sour Patch Kids! They are now my Sour Patch Kids! Leave me alone!"

"Man!" Emma says, in defeat.

~

Vanessa's POV

After we finish notes in ROTC, I take out my phone, which is blowing up with text messages, tweets, and Snapchat messages. I see a particular message come across my screen.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- Baby.

I start to reply, but the message box goes away as my phone continues to blow up. Messages from Normani start coming through at a fast pace.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- Vanessa.
If you don't respond to me within the next minute, I swear I'm going to lose my shit.
VANESSA.

I start to reply to her, but once again, I can't.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- BABY WHAT'S GOING ON.
I see you're trying to respond to me but I guess it's not working.
Baby respond to me, I swear I'm going to cry.

I try to cut my phone off, but it won't cut off, so I put it in my pocket and take out my iPad. My iPad is connected to just my messages, so I can see her messages. So I finally text her back.

To: X.XXVIII 🔐🖤
I'm okay Mani.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- BABY 😭😭
I was so fucking scared for a minute.

To: X.XXVIII 🔐🖤
I couldn't respond to you bc my phone is like high key glitching.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- I feel a lot better now.

To: X.XXVIII 🔐🖤
About?

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- Us.

To: X.XXVIII 🔐🖤
Huh?

X.XXVII 🔐🖤- Look on your Twitter.

I manage to go to the Twitter app on my phone, and something in my bio is what shocks me.

S.M.M. 💓🔐

I gasp, dropping my phone on the desk, catching Emma's attention. "Are you okay?"

"She..s-she..she actually...,"I try to say, before giving Emma my phone.

She sees it immediately and her eyes widen. "Fuck. This may be why your phone is glitching."

"Give it back," I say, just as Mama Drea texts me.

Mama Drea 💖- VANESSA.
Girl you better respond to me right now! 😡