Chapter 16: Poison (I)

-flashback, 1 1/2 years ago, No One's POV-

Normani, Dinah and Camila are out shopping for Christmas presents. When they're leaving, they hear a scream.

"Um, guys, am I hearing things.?" Camila asks making them all stop. The scream comes along again, followed by the word help. Normani notices it, and she runs towards the voice along with Camila on first instinct. Dinah puts the stuff in the car and runs after them. The voice leads to a boy with his arms gripping a younger girl's waist really tightly.

"Let go of her.!" Camila says.

"If not, what are you going to do.?" The boy retorts, letting go of her. Dinah proceeds to slam him against the wall.

"I don't care how old you are, or how old she is, but don't you ever touch a girl like that, ever again." Dinah says. Normani pulls the younger girl away after a while.

"Are you okay, sweetie.?" Normani asks knowing nothing about the girl. She doesn't respond. "Can you talk.?"

"Yes, I can talk." The girl replies harshly, but breaks down in Normani's arms, stuttering continuous thank yous. Normani rubs her back in soothing circles, trying to calm her down. It works, but the girl starts shaking.

"Are you cold.?" Normani asks. The girl simply nods, shivering from cold.

"Hey, stop that. You're too cute to be crying." Camila says coming around the corner, hugging her also. "Dinah she's cold."

"She is.?" Dinah responds, sprinting to the car and back, with a sweater with a pocket. "Knew I had one. Here." Camila puts it on her with ease.

"If it's n-not too m-much t-to ask..." The younger girl says trailing off and fiddling with her fingers.

"What.?" Dinah asks wanting her to continue, seeing as how that's the most she's talked. "We won't hurt you. I promise." Dinah says her tone softening crouching down to her eye level.

"Now what'd you want to ask us baby girl." Normani says soothingly.

"Could I...come with you guys.?" The girl asks. They all look at each other, but the girl looks so helpless, so they couldn't resist it.

"Of course." Dinah says.

"Guys, she's so light." Normani says with a gasp picking her up.

"How old are you cutie.?" Dinah asks getting in the car.

"13. My birthday was just 2 days ago." The girl replies.

"You're really cute. Most people your age are immature and stuck-up." Camila says.

"There's this one person..." She mumbles fiddling with her fingers again.

"Stop that. We don't want to hurt you, just talk to us. That's all." Normani says as the car accelerates, pulling the younger girl's hands apart.

"Now, who is this person.? Well, say what they're doing." Dinah says.

"Uh..they're...saying that...no one....likes me.." The girl says.

"We lo-like you already." Normani says. The girl becomes fascinated by what's out of Camila's window.

"Whatcha looking at.? The snow.?" Camila asks. The girl simply nods.