Chapter 28: Best Mistake (I)

A/N This is like my 3rd time rewriting this chapter and I'm getting tired of doing this. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I originally wrote this chapter when Camila left 5H, sooo yeah. 🤷🏽‍♀️

No One's POV

Vanessa wakes up as the sun is rising, to see Normani rocking Alayna back to sleep while she's quietly walking around. When she eventually goes to sleep about 20 minutes later, Normani walks to the crib and places her in it, kissing her forehead softly before going back to sleep. "I saw you watching me," Normani says.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Vanessa asks.

"You were watching me when I was rocking Alayna,"

"No I wasn't,"

"Yes you were," Normani says.

"Fine, sue me," Vanessa says.

Normani giggles. "Why were you watching me?"

"I don't know." Vanessa shrugs. "I always find myself watching you, and when I realize it you're looking right back at me."

"I know, you don't know what you're doing until I say something. I think it's so cute." Normani smiles.

"You think everything is cute," Vanessa says.

"I know, because it is. You just find a way to make me laugh, or smile, or even cry without trying. It's as if I love you even more for it," Normani says.

Vanessa hears Normani's soft snores against her shoulder, so she moves over to allow Normani to sleep on the pillow. Normani whines, making her move back. "Sorry."

"It's okay princess. Just go back to sleep." Normani chuckles, pulling her closer as they drift back to sleep.

~

Dinah slightly shakes Vanessa to wake her up, and she eventually does. Dinah smiles. "Hey..morning."

"Hey," Vanessa replies. "What time is it?"

"There's sufficient time." Dinah says.

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."

Vanessa gets up to go do her daily routine, and when she gets to combing her hair, Normani comes up behind her. "You want me to help you?"

"If you want to, but it's not necessary."

"Okay, well I'll help you anyways." Normani shrugs.

"Thanks." Vanessa says, turning around to hug her.

"No problem." She smiles, kissing Vanessa's cheek.

They leave about 20 minutes later, and get to school early enough for Vanessa to talk to Ally's Mom, while helping her sort papers.

"Hey, how are you today?"

"Okay, I guess." Vanessa shrugs.

"So, how's it with Mani?" Aunt Pat asks, in a lower tone.

"That's what I don't know."

"Oh?" She asks, looking up. "Spill."

"We unintentionally gave each other gifts at the same time,"