Chapter 35: 1 (800) 273-8255

A/N y'all I finished this chapter on Friday the 13th 😭🤧

No One's POV

"I think we should start waking her up now guys," Camila says.

"Just leave her," Lauren says.

"You just want her to miss school because you don't feel like going out this early." Dinah laughs.

"I'm not even saying it like that. I really think that we should just leave her there to sleep today. If she wakes up before 10 then we can take her if she wants to go. If she wakes up after then, then she gets to stay home, no questions asked," Lauren says.

"I'm with Lauren on that," Ally says.

"Mani, you haven't said anything," Camila says.

"I know, because you're going to think that I'm biased since she's my girlfriend," Normani says.

"No, I want your honest opinion. You and Ally know her the best, so I'd like to know what you think is in her best interest," Dinah says.

"I personally think that she should be at school as much as she can but if she doesn't feel like going for a legit reason; like she's sick or something, then she should stay home," Normani says.

Camila sighs. "We'll find out."

Lauren huffs, leaning down to shake Vanessa lightly. "Vanessa, it's time to get up,"

Vanessa begins to stir, so Lauren repeats what she said. Vanessa groans, covering her face. "I don't want to go,"

"I told you." Lauren grits at the others.

"Sorry." Dinah shrugs.

"Hey, I have an idea," Ally says.

Vanessa removes the covers to look at Ally. "What is it?"

"Stay at school until lunch, and then you can come home if you want to," Ally says.

"....That sounds good. Let's do that," Vanessa says.

"That's fine with me," Dinah says.

Vanessa gets in the shower, and she can barely move a muscle. So she stands under the water for about 15 minutes, before Normani opens the door. "You okay?"

"....Yes, I'm fine. I'll be out in about 5 minutes," Vanessa says.

"Okay," Normani says, walking back out.

Vanessa walks out of the shower, puts the towel on and falls onto her bed with a soft thud, catching Ally's attention. "Hey, are you okay?" Ally asks.

Vanessa doesn't even get the chance to respond because she breaks down in tears. "No....yes....I don't even know anymore....I'm tired of this,"

"Tired of what?" Ally asks, trying to understand.

Vanessa sniffles. "Tired of acting like everything is okay when it's not. Tired of going through this. I wish it'd all go away,"

"You and me both. But only God can fix these things, so just be patient. It'll be okay," Ally says.

But Vanessa's sanity was hanging on by a thread, and no one knows when she's going to blow.

~

Vanessa's POV

I already didn't want to come to school today, and people are making it worse already.

I keep getting cat calls and snide remarks from people, and some are smirking at me, as if they know something I don't.

I really don't feel good about this.