Chapter 37: Just The Way You Are

A/N Decided to republish this chapter because I thought it was a good idea. It's longer than I intended, oh well. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Hope you enjoy the story. ☺️

1 week later

No One's POV

Vanessa is scrolling on Twitter, and people are still talking about how she had sex with Sammy, so she decides to take this on by its horns.

@VanessaNicolexx: I've been trying to avoid talking about this, but the only way to prove my point is to talk about it.

@VanessaNicolexx: As many of you probably know, I was sexually assaulted in a public gym locker room by someone who I used to consider my best friend.

@VanessaNicolexx: To make a long story short, I did not in any way consent.

People are still tweeting her, and the tweet from Sammy's friend stands out.

You may not have consented, but we all know you wanted it. 😏

@VanessaNicolexx: You make no sense???

@ToriKelly: LMAOOOO RIGHT 💀😭

@dinahjane97: If you don't....you can't....Rape isn't....never fucking mind 🤦🏼‍♀😂😂

Vanessa's mom calls, and they talk for a while.

"Mom,"

"What?"

"I'm bi," Vanessa says.

"No, child. You are gay. You lied." Vanessa's mom laughs.

Vanessa laughs also. "No I'm not."

"Yes you are. You became gay the second you met that fine piece of chocolate." Her mother chuckles. "Whatever you do, don't do anything to provoke her."

"I know, I'll try not to," Vanessa says.

"Have you and Ally finished the treehouse?" Vanessa's mom asks.

Vanessa shrugs. "I don't know. I think so,"

"You should tell Mani,"

"Mama." Vanessa groans.

"Mama my big toe. Also, there's something else I want to tell you."

"What?"

"There's this bank account that I started for you when you were born, and now it has 10 million dollars in it. The card is in your drawer."

"Really?" Vanessa asks.

"Yes, I was going to wait until your birthday, but I thought I should tell you now because of your current situation."

"Um, wow. Thanks."

"You're welcome,"

"Can I ask why?"