Chapter 5

The girls are talking, trying to decide whether they should take her to school today, since she just got out of the hospital.

"I think we should keep her here." Lauren shrugs, scratching her head.

"I think she's capable." Dinah says.

"Yeah, me too. Although I'm not sure." Camila says.

"I saw her at the gym when she was there with her class, and...I was actually very shocked." Normani says.

"Was she doing more than normal.?" Ally asks speaking up.

"Yeah. She was doing 425, plus me holding onto it. I think when that thing called her and me a slut, it just made her work harder to prove her wrong." Normani says.

"Wow. Even I haven't tried that." Lauren says, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah. Me neither. Whoa." Dinah says.

"I guess we could take her to school today. And if anything happens, I trust that she'll find some way to tell us or let us know." Camila nods.

"I'm in." Ally says.

"Me too." Lauren sighs.

"I'm in." Normani says.

"Sure. I'm in." Dinah says.

"She looks so peaceful." Normani gushes.

"Oh fine. I'll do it." Camila says going over to wake Vanessa. "Munchkin. Wake up. It's Camila." She says in her ear.

"Camila.?" She asks not registering.

"Look." Camila says. She opens her eyes.

"Oh...." She says before starting to cry, because she didn't remember Camila.

"Shhhh." Camila says picking her up and laying her head on her shoulder. The crying begins to intensify, signaling if one of them doesn't do anything, she may have a panic attack.

"Here. Let me see what I can do." Normani says, taking her and doing the same. She cries for a little while, but it slowly goes down to what it was. She eventually stops, shocking them all, even Normani herself.

"Mani, did you-" Dinah asks shocked.

"How'd you-" Camila asks also shocked.

"Holy shit." Lauren says shocked. She goes back to sleep on Normani's shoulder.

"What...the hell." Normani says just as shocked. "I didn't do anything, seriously."

"Then..what is it about you.? She's done that before." Ally asks.
"I don't know." Normani says shrugging her shoulders.

"It is a bit early. We have about an hour." Lauren says. They all go back to sleep. Normani sleeps on her side, facing Vanessa. An hour on the dot later, they wake up. Lauren goes to pick out her clothes, Dinah goes to fix her breakfast, and Normani decides she'll just do her hair. Ally and Camila are just assistants. Normani just lies there, watching her sleep. When she wakes up again, which is about 10 minutes later, she wakes up to see Normani. Vanessa looks up at her, trying to figure out who she is.

"It's Mani." She says, seeing her confused look. "C'mere princess." She hugs her. "I know your memory is really fuzzy, so we were going to tell you anything you need to know."

"Anything.?" Vanessa asks.

"Anything." Normani says kissing her nose.

"What do you need to know, munchkin." Camila laughs picking her up.