Chapter 52: Power

No One's POV

Vanessa is scrolling on Twitter, before she sees Sammy tweet.

@SammyyMariee: She's going to be rightfully mine one way or another.

"Why won't she just let it go?" Camila asks.

"You wish it was that easy." Ally chuckles.

About an hour later, an article starts making it's rounds on Twitter.
Did Fifth Harmony reinforce the adoption?

"Did one of you redo the adoption papers?" Dinah asks, looking up at everyone else.

"I didn't," Ally says.

"I didn't either," Lauren says.

"I most definitely didn't," Normani says.

"Let's check it out," Camila says.

They click on the article, and they become face to face with adoption papers, signed and dated today. "This has got to be fake," Lauren says.

"Let me see," Ally says, taking Lauren's phone and zooming in on the picture. Suddenly, she gasps, covering her mouth. "Guys....I think this is real,"

"Is it?" Dinah asks.

"Wait a second....there's the seal that signifies that it's real," Lauren says.

"Oh no....," Camila says.

"This is great," Normani says, getting up and walking off.

"Mani wait," Ally says, walking after the younger woman.

"No," Normani says, trying to keep her composure.

"Mani, just stop for a second," Camila says.

"I said no!....Leave me alone!" Normani exclaims, slamming her bedroom door.

That's when she breaks down in tears, falling to her bed. She begins to repeatedly punch the pillow as if that would be a form of relief. "Why? Why did this happen?"

"Mani,"

"Go away!" Normani exclaims.

"Mani,"

"I said go away," Normani repeats firmly.

"Mani,"

She swiftly turns around, ready to punch whoever is bothering her, but when she sees that it's Vanessa, she starts to cry again. "Just stop,"

Vanessa walks over to Normani's bed before speaking. "Stop what?"

"Stop being so nice to me....,"

"Why?" Vanessa asks.

Normani sniffles, looking up at Vanessa. "....We should break up,"

"What? Why?" Vanessa asks.

"With the adoption reinforced, it's like I'm dating my daughter,"

"You're acting we haven't been messing around even when the adoption was in place the first time,"

"I know but, it's even worse now because I went to your game with your jersey on. You've given me a promise ring. We're public now and everyone knows,"

Vanessa sighs. "If we break up now....it's going to be harder to convince me when I'm older,"

"That's exactly what I'm scared of,"

"What are you scared of?"

"Losing you forever,"

Vanessa shrugs. "Even if you did, it wouldn't be a big catastrophe. You'd find someone better,"