Chapter 47: Equal (II)

Vanessa's POV

I go in the kitchen to fix something to eat, before my phone buzzes.

Alejandra 🦋- Hey.

To: Alejandra 🦋
Hello ☺️
How are you?

Alejandra 🦋- I'm okay, thanks for asking.

"Alejandra," I hear Ally say, behind me.

"I can explain." I chuckle.

"Sure you can." She suggestively smirks.

"I'm not cheating on her. Take a chill pill Brooke." I chuckle.

"I'll think about that when you do, Nicole." She smirks again, walking off.

My own cousin wants to get me in trouble.

I sit on the couch, scrolling through Twitter, before I see Sammy replying to tweets.

Who was Vanessa talking to? 🤔

@SammyyMariee: All I know is that the girl's name is Alejandra, they were talking during class, and they exchanged numbers afterwards.

@SammyyMariee: They've probably been texting since and may be going out now. But I didn't say it.

People immediately start mentioning Normani and I.

What is going on?
Why would you cheat on Mani?

I get a text from Normani.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- The reason why you didn't come home with me is bc you wanted to talk to another girl, isn't it?

To: X.XXVIII 🔐🖤
This isn't what it looks like.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- Sure it isn't.
You're going to tell me it meant nothing and that you're just friends, and that you don't have feelings for her. Same old shit. 🙄

To: X.XXVIII 🔐🖤
You're telling me not to let her get under my skin but she's getting under yours.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- It's getting under my skin bc it's true.

I sigh, exiting out of our messages.

X.XXVIII 🔐🖤- And you left me on read bc I'm right.
I can't believe you Vanessa.

I think it's time to tell her the truth.

I walk over to her room, and when she sees me there, she tries to occupy herself with her phone. "Mani,"

"Go away," She says.

I close the door, and walk over to her bed; leaning over to kiss her, but she pushes me away. So I simply place my arm around her, but she flicks me away away. "Don't touch me," She says. The closer I get, the more she moves away. Eventually, she's sitting up against her headboard. I try to kiss her again, but she pushes me away. "Get away from me, I don't know where your lips been."

"Only place they've been is between your legs," I say, causing her to put her phone down and lay her head on her knees, starting to laugh.

"That was smooth as fuck." She laughs, looking up. "But you're going to have to try harder than that."

"You're just playing hard to get." I chuckle. "Really, let me explain."

"Nope, I've heard all that I need to--" I kiss her while she's talking, causing her to gasp, before kissing back. She breaks the heated kiss not long later. "That's what I meant by try harder."