chapter 34

After saying goodbye to him I came back to my lonely house. I told him I had a partner for years. I honestly wish I could find one.

I want to move on from him but my heart does not allow me to do that. Considering the fact that he's happy in life I also wish to be that happy.

Well tomorrow I have to meet a client for some divorce settlement. I'll be busy with that from now on. I'll indulge myself into that to forgot my worries.

One thing I did not forget to do today is, not to close my door. Tonight I knew I'll miss him and keeping my door open gives me a bit of hope that he'll return. So why not keep it open right?
.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up and got dressed. Ate my breakfast and headed towards my firm. I was running a bit late to meet my client.

I reached the firm a few minutes later.

"Zhan the client is waiting for you with his wife in your cabin."

"Shit. They're already here." I said.

"Listen zhan"

"Hmm sehun?" I asked.

"I'll be your assistant in this case. But I'm not available right now"

"It's fine we'll revise everything later. I'll go ok"

"Hmm" sehun said and patted my head.

I entered my cabin and saw the most surprising thing. I was still in daze.

"Xiao Zhan" I heard the woman call me.

"Liying" i whispered.

Well, it was awkward.

"It's nice to see you" she said.

I smiled lightly.

Just then sehun opened the door.

"I'm sorry to barge in like that but I'm his assistant and I would also like to be here"

"Come in" I said and we both took a seat beside each other.

"So you two are filing for divorce" I asked them as i tried to be professional.

"Uh yes"

And we talked and talked. Some things about our past, some about their divorce and I discovered that liying and yibo never had a happy marriage.

They just had a second baby but internally they were frustrated and now that their kids were old enough to understand things, they filed a divorce.

Liying took the custody of the kids but yibo and liying both were allowed to be with them always. They had a peaceful divorce, nothing like a fight.

The main reason for their divorce was they were not happy. They were like roommates and they were not like a married couple. They had no arguments and they were good friends.

I felt honestly nothing about all of this. It was their choice. They would be divorced in a while. Its good for them I guess.

After our long discussion yibo and liying left. Yibo kept on stealing glances at me but I pretended not to look. It did affect me but still I had to be strong, not like the devastating person I was in front of him 14 years ago.

They left after a few hours.

"Gosh it was exhausting" sehun said.

"Hmm"

"Zhan are you fine?" He asked.

"Yes I am."

"He was yibo right. You're ex lover"

Sehun was a close friend of mine. I said I had no one to depend on but maybe I can depend on him.

"Hmm he was. I met him yesterday with his child. Never expected will meet him today in his situation" I said while staring at the ceiling.

"It's fine" sehun said and came near me and hugged me. I needed someone right now so I did reciprocate the hug.

"Sehun for how long?" I questioned him which came out as a whisper.

"Till whenever you need me" he said and hugged me tighter.

Sehun was my junior in my firm and we met 5 years ago. We became close in a really quick time. We became like best friends until one day he confessed to me. That day I let out all of my secrets. About yibo, my parents, my devastating side, just everything.

He was ready to accept it all. But I knew my heart wasn't ready. It's been 4 years since that day he confessed to me.

He never invaded my privacy. He always puts me above him. He really does love me truly. He has been waiting for me and he insists on waiting for me till infinity.

I've thought about it a lot. Many times. And I wouldn't lie he was attractive. He was really good looking. I've been really attached to him. I don't have a single person in my life except for my brother and it feels like if I accept sehun he would also leave me alone. These thoughts made me cry many times.

"Zhan I know what you're thinking. Don't worry. I'm fine." He said and placed a small peck on my forehead.
_______________________________________

Opinions about this new character👀. It felt weird to write this but yea. Do you think zhan will accept chen?
-yizhan_BJYX