chapter 33

( I recommend re-reading chapter 2 just in case you don't remember it clearly)

All those sweet and sour memories of the past. The past i always longed for. The past I want to live again. The biggest part of my life. The past. 14 years ago. It all flooded in.

These memories were painful. Very painful in fact. Trust me I hated gege for a very long time until I realised what he did was not wrong in his way. Maybe he did love me. But he chose his child and and pregnant wife over me.

Everyone has different thoughts and of course yes I was the third person. Maybe a fact could be that I'm better off now compared to then. At least I'm not the third person in anything.

"Xiao ge" I saw lily call me.

"Oh yes" i voiced out still in daze.

"Zhan why don't we go to the bakery. We can have a nice chat" he smiled at me.

Oh, how i missed that sweet smile of his.

"Sure" I said. Does he still remember that it is 22nd January today? Thinking about it makes me wanna cry.

We walked to the bakery. While yibo was scolding his daughter for leaving her phone and getting lost. I smiled seeing their bond. He really does look happier and gives out a different kind of vibe now.

"Let's sit" he said.

I smiled in return.

"I-It's been a long time hasn't it?" Yibo asked.

"Dad I'm going to sit somewhere else. You guys can talk. I guess you already know each other. Thank you gege for finding my dad" lily said and bowed down. She took her phone from yibo and went somewhere.

"She's a nice child" i complimented.

"Oh yes. Liying taught her to be kind to others and stuff. She's sometimes too formal with me also. But yea she's a nice child"

"She's beautiful you know. She looks more like you though. She has your eyes and your lips" I smiled fondly while looking at him.

"You look better" well yibo wanted to say 'you look more beautiful' but he cannot say that. It would be awkward and weird.

"Same goes with you" I smiled trying to hide my tears.

"So what have you been doing in all these years?" Gege asked.

"I'm actually working as a lawyer now. I dropped buisness. Wasn't interested in it. And I also have 5 restaurants in this city. I had a thing for cooking so yeah" I said.

"Wow zhan is rich isn't he?" Yibo gege said.

"Not as rich as you gege"

Then yibos phone rang and he picked up it. He said he will return in a while.

"Sorry it was my son. He says he misses me" he said while smiling.

"Son?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah I did not tell you right. After having lily we also had a son. Children are amazing. One wasn't enough for us"

"Oh" I said only one word. I'm honestly happy for gege. He moved on has 2 children is living a normal, happy life. And here I am stuck in the past, don't have anyone to rely on, alone and depressed.

"So did you get married" gege asked. I smiled to his question.

"No i did not get married but I do have a partner now. He's also a lawyer. He's 2 years younger than me. You know after you left it was difficult for me. Nights used to lonely so I kept the door open each night just in the hope that you would come. It was for around 2 months but i slowly moved on" i said. Only if I could tell gege that I still keep the door open on nights which are lonely.

"Oh that's nice. What's his name?" Yibo asked. He felt a bit uneasy knowing that zhan had a partner but a part of him was happy that he isn't suffering in life and is leading a good life.

"Umm...."

"Zhan you can tell me"

"I actually don't want to do that. I might sound silly but I don't want you to come and find him ow whatever"

"Uh it's okay if you feel uncomfortable with that. By the way we're in Beijing for the next month. I would love to have dinner with you and you boyfriend. Liying would also like that.....or maybe she wouldn't but-"

"Gege please don't overdo it. I-I just don't want to get involved with you again" I said while looking down. It was hard to control my tears.

"Wow that necklace you have is so pretty xiao ge" lily came and pointed at the necklace I was wearing.

Yibo widened his eyes a bit. "You s-still-"

"Oh well lily it was given to me by a wonderful man. I like the design so i wear it" i said I liked the design but in reality I still loved the man who gave me this necklace.

"Oh. Dad mom keeps on calling my phone. We should go back now"

"Umm ok we'll go back"

"Zhan you sure like please l-lets mee-"

"Gege please let's not get involved again. It was very difficult for me to move on. I don't want the memories to come back" I said but honestly, I wanted those memories back, I wanted to get involved with him again. Such a pathetic person I am.

"Then gege let's part ways here. It was nice meeting you" I said.

"Same" he said while smiling. We shook our hands and he went on his way.
_______________________________________

Sorry for not uploading. Relatives came at my house and i have to study plus I've been feeling down lately. I've been quite lonely and sad so it's getting to me now. Sorry i lost motivation to write
-yizhan_BJYX