CH 14: Where Are You Going?!

As she walks away, Alastor feels an intense desire to swing her door open and continue that conversation, but he knows he has to stay focused. Not only that, but he couldn't be near her. He couldn't take the chance that something could happen to her because of his doing once again. Worse, he couldn't take the risk that she finds out who she really was and despise him more than she already possibly did, but hearing her whining behind that door and falling asleep to her soft sobs was a torture he didn't know if he could survive.

Don't cry, mon amour, please.  His thoughts pleaded with her as if trying to telepathically communicate with her to soothe her somehow. By some miracle, he assumed it must've worked, because her sobs soon quite and she falls to sleep.

Once he was certain she was sleeping, he appeared in her room. He couldn't help himself, he just stood there watching down at her as she slept. She was peaceful and serene. Flashback images of her plagued his mind, both of her lying in his arms in their bedroom and of her lying in his arms on the floor in a pool of her blood. He leans down and slowly brushes a piece of her hair away from her face.

The next afternoon, Charlie follows Alastor throughout the hotel rambling about her fears about the hotel not being a success. Alastor pretends to listen, mostly just going about his usual activities, getting himself some coffee, writing new scripts for his show, and tending to the halls, the usual. She barely notices that he has shown zero interest in what she is saying and has proceeded with his daily routine.

~ Alastor's POV ~

Will she ever be quiet?

This plan is doomed from the start, no sinner could ever be redeemed. Humanity is something that sinners just simply do not comprehend. My deal never entitled that I believe what came out of her daughter's mouth, just simply do what she requests and help see it through.

This was becoming maddening, every day with her. Listening to her every word. She had a ridiculous amount of energy everyday it almost wa-

WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!?

As we're making our tenth lap around the hall, she finally emerges from her room. She's dressed in such a manner that would certainly have every demon's head turning, a small black dress with fishnet tights, green shoes, and her usual coat. She walks by us, waving as she secures some pearls in her ears.

"Ooh Esme, you look amazing!" Charlie beams, grabbing her hands and causing her to chuckle.

"Why, thank you, Princess. Angel offered to take me out today, we're going to hit up some of our favorite spots."

Like Hell, you are...

"Oh, how exciting, that sounds like so much fun!"

"Indeeed~" I step in, appearing as calm as ever, "That seems like quite the bonding exercise, don't you agree, Charlie?" I grin at her, seeing her expression change quickly.

She lights up, exactly what I was hoping for, "Oh my goodness, yes! That gives me an excellent idea! Why don't we come with you?!" She jumps, grabbing Esme's hands.

"Pardon?" Her eyes widen in response.

"Go with you! We could all come and use a night out as a fun bonding exercise, get to know everyone better!"

Esme smiles nervously, "Are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely!~" I cheer, "I would love to see what kind of 'spots' you two pick out."

She raises an eyebrow at me, but quickly shrugs and looks back down at Charlie, "Well, I guess he won't mind a few more guests." The two walk off, hand in hand.

I don't care, I just want to be able to observe.

... That's all. 

~ Author's Note ~ 

Itty bitty little chapter before we rapidly approach episode 5 AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANSSSS~

🖤Words: 651🖤

~ Artemis💗🦌