CH 40: Chaos

Beams of green magic shoot back and forth across the parlor. Furniture being furiously tossed in Alastor's direction, while he effortlessly dodged each one of them. Little shadow gremlins scamper towards Esme to throw her off her game, but she slices through every one of them with her claws.

The two continue their tango, dodging one another's attacks. The room was filled with both radio static and strong melodic chants.

"This is one way to handle marital disputes." Angel snickers, "Fuck!" He shouts, leaning in and pulling Nifty back from the crossfire.

"So, you're a little mad." Alastor huffs,

"A LITTLE MAD?!" Esme shouts, "You coward, you pompous asshole, you damned roadkill!" She sneers.

"You never did listen to me, darling. Always in that temper of yours."

Esme disappears into a green mist. Alastor's ears perk at the sight.

Well, that's new.

Suddenly, she latches on to his back, sinking her fangs into his shoulder. A strong record screech can be heard.

He flings her off, holding her down with his cane, "You bit me..." He growls.

"I'll consume every ounce of your flesh and relish in the taste." She hissed, her fangs still dripping with his blood.

"Is this an argument or an offer?" He smirks, wiping his shoulder with his free hand.

"You left me.." She growls, "You've been seeing her all this time. YOU'VE BEEN IN HE-"

A shadow wraps around her mouth, muffling her words, "Hush." He whispered sternly, "I kept everything from you to protect you."

She shakes her head back and forth, clawing at the shadow but her nails go straight through it.

They both disappear in black smoke and reappear in the Radio Tower, finally alone. "Now, are you going to listen to me?" The shadow is released from her face.

Esme rubs her mouth, still feeling the lingering effects of the wrenched thing. "Nothing's changed, huh?" She stands up and cracks her neck, "What's next, Al, gonna drag me across the floor?"

He shudders at the thought, "That was a long time ago..." He mutters.

"Ahh, yes, and now you're so changed of heart. My, Heaven has changed you, hasn't it?"

He narrows his eyes, "How do you know that?"

"What, I'm not a ditzy memory-less pathetic dame anymore? You can't fuck with me!" She points.

"I never did such a thing." He groans, "You're being overdramatic."

Her eyes glow brightly, "Overdramatic? Our daughter has been without me for decades and you knew!? You never once said 'Hey, Esme, you would like to come with me?'"