CH 25: Uncovering

~ At The Vees Tower ~

"Well, this just took a turn~" Valentino smirks, sipping from his coffee cup.

Velvette sits at the table, finally looking up from her phone with her jaw unhinged and hanging open. Vox begins to glitch out at the front of the table, "W-What is she d̷̠́o̸̮̓į̴̈ṅ̵ͅg̷̡̐?̷̭͝!̶" he shouts, pounding his fists on the table.

"Z̵̨̿O̸͐͜Ò̸̮M̷͓̅ I̵͓̋N̸̰͝!̷̟̒"

Velvette presses a button on the remote and the picture on the television moves closer. They all squint their eyes as they see both Alastor and Esme glitching on the screen.

"Why is she moving? We should be able to see her." Valentino says in a confused tone. "I thought only he could do that, why should she not appear on the camera?"

"Has she ever shown up on the camera before?" Velvette asks.

"Pull up the tape from the studio." Vox demands. Velvette once again clicks another button and pulls up the footage from the day Esme attacked Valentino.

Valentino sighs and turns away, "This again, come on it's not that funny.."

"Shut up." Vox says, standing up and pointing, "There!" Velvette slows down the tape to reveal Esme perfectly on screen. Every detail is noted, every fang, every bite, it's all clear.

"She looks fine here." Valentino sighs, "Can we stop, now?"

"Why would she not glitch out in both if she has that ability now?" Vox begins to pace across the room. "It makes no sense, and that little bitch is too smart to let me into her mind to figure it out. I might be able to manipulate her thoughts, but I can't read her thoughts."

All the while, Velvette keeps flipping back and forth through the two videos. She narrows her eyes and gets closer to the screen.

He's growing inpatient for Esme to pull through, "I should've never fucking allowed her t-"

"There!" Velvette shouts, pausing the tape.

Vox and Valentino both walk over, narrowing their eyes, "Wh-What am I looking at here?" Vox says, scanning through the frame.

"You don't see that!?" Velvette sneers.

"Yeah, hermosita is going for the throat, rawr~" Valentino whistles.

"NOT THAT YOU FUCKHEAD!" Velvette sighs, zooming in on Esme's hand, "That!"

Perfectly turned to the camera, Esme's left hand rests on the dock, her ring burning brightly at the camera as soon as she makes connection with Alastor.

"So what? It does that all the time." Vox rolls his eyes, turning away.

Velvette grabs his arm, turning him around, "What does that ring do?"

"Protect her."

"Who normally has the ability to keep himself off screen?" Velvette persists, standing up and tapping her foot against the floor.

"Alastor?" Vox raises an eyebrow.

"And why do you think he does that?"

"Because he's an arrogant asshole who wants to keep his face off camera. Always said it was to protect himself."

Velvette smiles and narrows her eyes, stepping closer, "Mhmm, and so why would Esme not be on the screen?"

"Because he's kissing her." Vox scoffs, "Something I would rather not see, so please turn it off..." He turns from her.

"Voxy...." Velvette sighs, dragging her eyelids down, "Who gave her the ring?"

"Her husband...duh."

"Uh huh....someone who would want to protect her, yeah?"

"What?" Vox asks.

"Sit on it for a minute." Velvette sighs, sitting back on the chair, looking at the clock to count the minutes before reality set in.

Vox rolls his eyes and leaves the office mumbling to himself and slamming the door.

The door closes and a few moments pass before the lights in the office begin to rapidly flicker on and off, the televisions glitch, and the power goes out.

Ṯ̵̢̘̺̟̓͟͡H̸͚͈̒̒̂̿̌̓̓̉Ẻ̶̲͕̺͕͖͉̞̙͙̫̬̅̃̈́͘̚͜͟ͅṘ̸̡̤̫̣̟̽Ȇ̷̢̡̪̠͎̯̺͇̫̺͍͙̻͟ͅ I̷̳̮̪͇̩͇͊̽́̈́͒̎̆̒̃͆́̍͟͡͝ͅS̶̰̦̤̼̉̍̅̋͑̍̉̂̈́̈́̽͝ N̶̢̡̳͓͔̙̮͇̩̜̈̓̆̿̀̾̾̆̐̿̈̇̽̚͝Ỏ̷̧̡̪̦͖̤̜͚͕̯͇̮͉͙̬͐̋̐̌̽͌͊̊̄́̀͆̚ F̵̢̧̠̤̗̪̠͍͈͍̰͕̦̤̈́̂͟Ų̸̤̱̣̮̟̩͇̗̋̓͛̓̔̂͂́͐̚͘͟͝͠͝C̸̣̣̣̊͆͂͊͜͡K̵̡̧̙̪̪̜͕̺̬̮͔̗̗̀̽̏̈́̉̃͘͟͠I̸̮̭̜̥̟̲̊̎͐́̄͐̏̇̓̚͘N̵̢̡̘̖̩̼̯̗͓̑̏̃̊̄̏̈́̓̓̊̾̊͆̚͟͠G̷͕̒̇͛̍̂͌̂̇͆͝͡͝ͅ W̷̱͑̂́͛̊̑̈̀̃͆͘͘͝A̵̞͎̭̟̭̲̻̝̹̝͙̰̱͐̎̐͐̄̓͒̄͊̓̐́͟͝͝Ȳ̶̢̻̦̭̀͘͟͜ͅ!̴̼̌̍̌̈́̉̍̈̓̿͛̈̽͐̚͠!̷̤͍̝̺̭̥̫͋͜

🖤Words: 610🖤

~ Artemis🦌💗