CH 26: Denying

An intense shock of electricity snaps Esme out of her thoughts, pulling her back. The light from her eyes dims down, pulling her out of her dopamine high. She stares and blinks at Alastor, jumping back, "Oh my!"

~ Small Time Skippy ~

Esme and Alastor walk alongside one another heading back to the hotel. Esme has her face in her hands, refusing to bring her head up from the ground. She's groaning under her breath, damning her lack of control.

"I am so sorry...." She mumbles into her hands, "I'm so so sorry, that was very unacceptable.." She lightly claws at her cheeks, pulling her hands away.

He just laughs, walking alongside her, "That's quite alright, dearest, I understand." The two of them approach the hotel and he turns away, "I did enjoy the walk with you, but I must get started on my broadcast. I'm afraid this is where we part ways."

Esme refuses to meet his eyes, keeping them on the front door of the building, "Alright, thank you for walking me back."

He chuckles softly, placing a hand underneath her chin and lifting her face to look at him, "Anytime...Cher.." He says softly, using his thumb to softly swipe against her cheek. Esme's skin becomes warm to the touch and she pulls back.

What's that word?

"Welllll, have fun~" She swings the front door open and walks inside, slamming it shut. She sighs and leans against the door. What in all of hell was going on with her? She looks up to see Angel standing over her,

"Soooo, where ya been??"

"Down by the water..."

"With who???"

"Well, if you must know..." She pushes past him, rolling her eyes, "I was by myself, but Alastor happened to pass by."

She walks to the fireplace and conjures a green ember, flicking it inside to light the wood. She sighs and sits in a chair next to it. She begins to fiddle with her curls, untangling some and re-curling others.

"Al was with ya?" Angel asks, leaning against her chair, "The two of you have grown...accustomed to one another, haven't ya?"

Esme's eyes dart up to him, leaning back, "I've known him for years.."

"Pft, okay." Angel laughs.

"What?!" Esme stands up, putting her hands on her hips, "What exactly are you implying?"

Charlie comes walking down the stairs, "Oh, hey guys! I'm so happy to see you enjoying the fireplace. This is a lovely little spot to bo-"

"What exactly are you implying?" Esme repeats to Angel.