CH 61: Pancakes

~ Narrator ~

The group stood outside of the hotel, reveling in the magnificent redone structure in front of them. It was glorious, with bright lights, hearts along the edges, several apples, and more. On the side, Alastor's radio tower got a bit of an upgrade, with elegant deer antlers spread out against it. No more obnoxious arrows pointed towards it.

It looked better that way, seamlessly fitting it instead of desperately trying to be the centerpiece.

It wasn't tacky, it was elegant and classy.

"Sooo, pancake time?" Lucifer smiles at the group, handing Charlie the key. He chuckles and motions at the group to follow him.

They all go inside, and the inside looks just as lavish as the exterior. Esme gasps when she sees a small stage in the parlor with a piano next to it. She smiles and runs over to it, tracing her fingers along the keys, "Oh, now don't say..."

"All yours!" Vaggie smiles, "We thought you needed a bit of an upgrade too."

"Yeah, now you can perform for all the new guests that are bound to come by!" Charlie smiles brightly, bringing Esme onto the stage. It's pristine, solid black with a soft silver shimmer to the finish. Esme's heels click against the lacker. Her eyes fill up with tears.

"But all this for me?" She looks up at Charlie.

"Wouldn't have it any other way!" She flashes a toothy grin, "Couldn't let our siren take the stage without the proper equipment."

"Besides, now you can officially be our entertainment." Vaggie smiles sincerely.

She had grown on her.

"Oh..." Esme sniffled, looking at the two girls with joy, "I don't know what to say..." her heart swelling with pride in them both for all they've accomplished.

"I-"

"PANCAKE TIMEEE~~" Lucifer sings from the open kitchen door. He comes out with several plates being supported by his wings and his hands of course. The group heads to the couch where they usually would congregate, sitting down.

Esme sits down next to Alastor, smiling up at him. The two hold eye contact for a moment before a plate is placed in Esme's lap.

It's a large golden pancake with syrup and power sugar on top...in the shape of a heart.

Aww, how sweet.  She thinks innocently.

"I haven't had flapjacks in so long." She sniffs the plate and smiles, "I used to make them all the time for Geneviève!" She turns to Alastor, "Remember?"

He nods, but his eyes are fixated on Lucifer, twitching.

Lucifer passes everyone a plate before turning to Alastor and smiling mockingly, handing him his.

Burnt to a crisp.

"Oh, did I leave that one on too long?" He smirks, "Whoops."

Alastor wasn't annoyed by the lack of food, it was the disrespect that irked him.

"I wasn't interested in such a poor display anyway." He grinned looking up at him.

Esme's eyes darted back between the two, hoping to defuse any tension, "Um, that's quite right, he's not one for sweets. I apologize."

Lucifer turns to her, a pleasant expression on his face. "That's okay..."

His eyes moved back to Alastor's narrowing slightly before,

"Darling~"

Esme's eyes widen at the word and just as he suspected.

Fins.