CH 37: Welcome Back

As they're walking to the hotel the Seraphims arrange for them to stay in, the group passes by Adam and Lute in the town square. Their eyes go wide,

"Holy fuckin' shit balls, am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?"

"What is she doing here?"

As Esme and the woman continue to follow the group, Esme feels a strange sense of danger. She turns around and looks Adam in the eyes, pausing for a moment before she walks away.

"Who's the new chick?"

"Probably one of their filthy sinners."

"Mm, she's hot as fuck though." Adam's eyes roam the sinner's body, taking in every curve and detail. "Bet she would look hotter under me." He snickers before taking a slurp from his cup and being smacked in the arm by Lute.

~ Back to the rest of the group ~

The group soon reaches the hotel, Charlie and the others look up at the large building in awe. It was glorious.

Sera's eyes widen as she hears Adam talking in the distance, "Forgive me, but I must take care of my duties. Emily, I believe you can handle this yourself."

Emily smiles and nods in excitement, "Oh, I'm so excited for you!" She exclaims, taking Esme's hands.

"It was nice to meet you. I'll see you at the hearing." Sera disappears and Esme looks back at Emily,

"I don't understand, I'm here for the court. This meeting has nothing to do with me." She feels the small fawn tugging at her leg and picks her up, resting on her hip.

Emily smiles, "You're The Siren, correct?" Esme nods, rubbing the child's back as she nuzzles into her neck. "You're the one with the missing memory Lucifer was telling us about. We can help you! If you just allow me, I can restore everything you've lost. Just think about all that you've missed!"

Esme freezes at her words, her breath trembling softly, "B-But this was supposed to be..I...was this the plan the whole time?" She looks at Charlie and Vaggie who are both smiling at her.

"Esme.." Margo says softly, placing a small hand on her forearm, "I don't want to think about what happened to you after I was gone, but I do know that the sister I remember was absolutely amazing. She was an amazing daughter, wife, and mother. You deserve to know her too."

Esme's eyes fill with tears as she feels the angel's chest rising and falling against hers. She gulps and looks at Emily, "What do I have to do?"

"For starters, why don't we give little Genny to Miss Abigail here." She smiles, passing the toddler away. "You can come with me." She extends her hand out. Esme is hesitant at first, but accepts her hand and begins to walk away.

"Wait." She turns to Margo and reaches out for her, "Come with me." Margo smiles reassuringly and takes Esme's hand. The three walk into a beautiful room with lavish white and gold chairs. There's a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling with beautiful gems that no one in Hell has ever seen before. Esme is soon guided to a large white chair with a fluffy white throw over it. She sits down and squeezes Margo's hand as Emily walks away.