CH 31: A Twist

Esme hits the ground with a thud, grunting harshly. She picks her head up to see Lucifer standing at the entrance of the hotel. Unbeknown to her, he had stayed at the hotel overnight to talk with his daughter about the series of events the night before. Angel pushes past everyone and rushes to her, only to be pulled back by Husk.

"You're going to get yourself killed!" Husk shouts.

Angel looks back with frustration, but pulls away from him with tears in his eyes. "Let her go, she didn't do anything!"

"Oh, but that's exactly my point." Vox sneers, "She gave her soul for you, relish in it." He reaches down and picks up Esme by the hair, "Her blood is on you hands."

~ Meanwhile, in The Radio Tower ~

Nifty scampered through the Radio Tower, looking for the small ring Esme had requested. She was determined to win this game, no matter what it took. She went through all of the drawers in the desk, mostly filled with papers and useless information. There's a whooshing sound behind her and a staticky voice speaks, "Nifty, my dear, what are you doing?"

Nifty jumps on his office chair and onto the desk, looking up at him, "Esme said she lost her ring, I'm helping her find it!"

He smirks in annoyance, shaking his head from side to side, "I assure you, you won't find it he-" He does a double take when his eye catches a blue light from outside, approaching the window and leaning down.

He sees Esme being held up by a blue chain around her neck, kicking wildly under Vox's grasp. He becomes encompassed by static, his eyes shifting to radio dials, and his antlers tapping against the windows. His claws scratch against the glass and mumbles to himself,

Ṡ̷̜͚͗̾͋̕̚͡h̸̨̭̹̥̭̖͖̦̎̈́̔̒́́̿̆̀̄̿̀ȩ̷̢̢̤̝͍͎͚̮͕̝̒ s̷̨̛̟̭̱̜̭̬̞͖̽̆̑̀̄o̷̧̨̧͖̫̟̟͈̤͑͐̂̊͋̔̇̕͡͡͠l̶̡̛͓̯̙̰̦͕̼̂̇̄̄̀̊̋͛̋͗͝d̴̟̱̳̮͉̬͈̬̉ h̶̝͓͎̮͒̊̾͆e̴͉̝̭͚̓͒̂͂̚ŗ̷̡̖̖̤̦͖͖̦̑̀̈́͋̾͘͟͟͠ s̵̫̊̒̃͆o̸̡̖̠̩̟͈̻͎͐̄̋͌̽ȗ̷̧̢͈͎̜̗̮̯͙̀̆̃̉̿͗͠͝ĺ̶̡̨͎̩̒̚ t̵̡͍̘̺́̔̈́͋͋̾̋̐̕o̶̭̜͕̖͋͋̍͗̕͝ t̴̢̛͓̪̣͍̻̫̼͈̘̩̻̅̐͂̑̎̇̅͊͋͊h̸̺͊͟͝â̶̖̩̓̋̽́̒̕͝͝ţ̷͕͋͒̏̌̈́̏͘ ç̷͙͓̘͚͓͙̟̮̩̿͒̈́͆́̈́̍̄̕͜͝ŗ̶̦̺̰̖͍̥̰̹̯̏́̋̅͆̆̒͘ͅé̴̼̪̮͐̈̉̈a̴͖̬̬̺̯̲̪̲̠̟̤̪̿́̇̑͂̈́͑̉t̵̻͍͖͎͇̭͔̀̆͊u̶̧̨̦̜̞̪̘̦̜̽̚͟r̶̨̺̲͇̥͔̮͍̻̃͠e̸̡̡̜̰͗̇̇̌͐̓͊̈̈́͟͡?̴͙̖͍̠̊̿̓́̒̂̽̽!̶̪͊̉́

Why would she possibly do that? Could she be that stupid? This whole time, this whole fucking time, that's what I was feeling around her? She's still that naive girl begging to be saved, isn't she? Disappointing...

Before he has a time to interject on the situation, there's a bright light that shines from the entrance of the building.

"𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍!"

He grabs Nifty and sinks into his shadow, reappearing behind the group in the entrance of the building.