CH 5: VoxTek

~ Modern Day ~

Esme was in her recording studio this particular day, listening to some of her upcoming songs with her headphones.

Radio, Lana Del Rey 🎵

Now my life is sweet like cinnamon,

Like a fuckin' dream I'm living in,

Baby, love me 'cause I'm playing on the radio ~

(How do you like me now)

Esme smirks and plays with some of the buttons on her control panel to change the pitch and adding echoes to the background of the track. She listens, looking around her office to see her several album covers hanging on the walls, most of them with her body contoured in such poses that were extremely....inviting. Vox had a certain vision for her the moment he met her. With her charm and her energy, she would be destined to portray several flattering women from throughout history.

~ Flashback ~

"Have you ever heard of pin-up, doll?

"Hmmm....a little tacky, but creative nonetheless~" Esme hummed, "...hear me out though....burlesque?"

"Seems like we're on the same page.."

~ Flashback over ~

Pick me up and take me like a vitamin,

'Cause my body's sweet like sugar venom, oh yeah,

Baby, love me 'cause I'm playing on the radio ~

Esme nods and takes off her headphones, pausing the audio and sending the tape up to Vox's office.

Yep, that's the one.

Her voice had brought many more customers to VoxTek, entranced by her and without thinking purchasing several of her records. Esme loved to produce music, especially with the changing styles. She found it fascinating how music and technology evolved over the years. It was fun to play dress up. Pin up on Monday, Burlesque on Tuesday, Disco Doll on Wednesday.

She stands up, stretches, and sighs. Her style had changed too over the years. She still had her voluminous curls, but now wore a cropped plush black coat over her dress, which went right up to her knees. Her dress was strapless, her chest resting perfectly above the neckline (if there was even a neckline). The dress had dark green scales going down to her knees where it ended. She picks up her coffee cup from her desk, a light green with several music notes and glittering scales across it.

Time for some coffee...

Esme walks over to the elevator and takes it up to Vox's office, stepping off. "Mornin' ~" She echoes. Vox's static shocked off his head in response to hearing her voice, turning around quickly.

"Ahhhh why good morning Essie, how are you this morning?"