CH 51: Rosie

Esme and Alastor are still locked in a death stare until the door opens and Vaggie walks in, "What is going on?" She says, causing both of them to snap towards her, "Carmilla Carmine? Alastor, you knew about this the entire time and you didn't say anything?!"

Alastor hums and looks down at his nails, flicking his wrist in annoyance. "Well, perhaps I had a plan before I was rudely interrupted."

"And rightfully so..." Esme whispers before heading to Vaggie, "You should head over there and gain as much information as you can, Carmila will let you in if you play your game correctly. Trust me."

Vaggie takes a moment to ponder Esme's instructions before she nods, "Alright, so you are going with Charlie alongside Alastor, right?" Esme's eyes widen and she backs up.

"Oh nononono, I'll hold down the fort over here while the three of you are gone. Charlie knows what to do, I have faith in her." Esme scowls back at Alastor, who rolls his eyes and stretches his smile in frustration. Vaggie and Esme turn to head downstairs, but Alastor disappears into his shadow to join Charlie outside.

As Vaggie and Esme come down the stairs, Angel approaches them. He laughs nervously, "So, aha, Alastor and Charlie just left like they were runnin' away from their responsibilities, should we be alarmed?" Esme walks over to him and wraps her arm around his.

"No." She says.

"We have a plan, but it includes defending ourselves against the angels." Vaggie sighs.

There's a scoff from the couch and Husk leans in, "Uh, are you fuckin' high?"

"They can be killed."

The little egg creatures scurry across the floor, one turning to Vaggie, "Yeah, that knife lady, Carmaro Carfight, killed one!"

Vaggie gets down on her knees to face the gremlin, "Wait, you knew about this?"

"Yeah, I told Boss about it months ago!"

"He, what?!"

Pen throws his arms up in the arm, "What? They say insane shit all the time, how was I supposed to know this one was true?"

"Bank accounts are a scam created by the shadow government!"

Esme sighs and leans her forehead on the wall behind her. "Mamma mi...." She mumbles. Angel pats her back, chuckling softly.

Vaggie sighs, "What's important now is that we're gonna have a fight on our hands." Esme smiles at the idea, "Look, this hotel's about to become the most dangerous place in Hell, and we-I can't guarantee your safety anymore. I still believe in Charlie's dream."

Esme looks around at their disheartened faces, a frown coming across her face.

"I know this place can work, but none of you signed up for this." She opens the door, "I'm going to go learn how we can fight back, but when I come home, well, I'll understand if none of you are here."

She walks out the door and it begins to slowly shut. Angel sighs and Esme wraps her arms around his back, placing her head on his spine. "It's okay..." she whispers.

"Well, this is awkward...." Pen mumbles.

"'Kay!" Nifty cheers and the door closes.

~ Alastor's POV ~

Will she ever stop talking? Can she stop talking? At this point, I doubt she is physically capable of refraining from speaking. She just keeps on like a record on repeat that never comes off the spinner, and for the love of me, I don't comprehend how I of all demons got picked to be here with her.