First Date

I spin around, watching my royal blue dress twirl in the mirror. It's not quite time for Tony's party, but I wanted to be ready early. Suddenly I get a text. It's from Brooke:

*Are you doing anything tonight? Maybe we could hang out or something?*

I frown. I can't miss Tony's party and my first date with Steve, but Brooke and I have 24 years to catch up on. I plop down on my bed, trying to decide what to do.

*Well I'm going to Tony Stark's party over at Stark Towers... why don't you come?*

I'm sure Tony won't care about another person joining the party. I really can't wait to see what the surprise is.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. Dad has moved back into his apartment, which I ad taken as mine for a while, so now we both live together in it like how we used to. I look at him and motion for him to hide; who knows who could be at the door? They can't find out about him.

I open the door and see Steve in a dark suit with a blue tie. "Steve! Why are you here so early?" I ask casually.

"Well, I was hoping we could, uh, get some dinner before the party?" he offers, shifting the weight between his feet.

"S-sure! Let me get my purse real quick. You can come in."

Steve walks in and I quickly walk into my room, holding my breath. I grab my purse and shove my phone and some gum into it. I grab a pair of black heels and run out of the room. Steve is right in front of Dad's door.

"Okay! I think I'm ready!" I exclaim, then breathe a deep sigh of relief that Steve didn't find out about Coulson.

"Oh and I got these for you..." Steve utters out, holding a bouquet of roses. I blush and take them.

"I... uh, need to get a vase for these. They're beautiful by the way." I go into my dad's room, making sure to close the door behind me and into the cabinet in the room. I search around until I find a tall glass vase.

"Dad," I whisper, looking towards him, "I have to go. Steve and I are getting dinner okay? I love you."

He nods and gives me a quick hug. With that, I'm out of the room putting the flowers in the vase. Steve holds the door open for me, and we leave the apartment.

"So I was thinking that we go to this place downtown. Tony suggested it. It's called Outback," Steve explains, slyly grabbing onto my hand as we walk towards downtown NYC.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me."

We walk to Outback and place our orders. The conversation is awkward and quiet at first, but eventually picks up.

"So I invited my sister to the party tonight, so you two will be able to meet each other!" I exclaim.

He smiles, "That's good. I could always use more friends."

"Yeah, how have you been adapting to the changes?" I ask. Sometimes I forget that Steve is from a different generation, it's too bizarre to think about.

"I miss everyone, but I have a lot of people here that I'm friends with. I'm awful with the culture and music and stuff. What in the world happened to the music?" he jokes. I laugh. Music has gotten pretty awful lately.

The waiter walks over and serves us our food. We eat in silence for a while, glancing at each other and smiling.

Finally, once we've finished our food, Steve pays the check and we are on our way to Stark Towers.

// This is very short and will be updated sometime within 3 days! Thank you for reading!