Moving In & Reuniting Friendships

This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful sister, Brooke, who totally is the inspiration for the Brooke in this story.

This is the 17th chapter, posted on the 17th of July, on my sister's 17th birthday. Happy birthday!!! ANYWAYS, HERE WE GO!

"Bye Dad," I whisper, giving him a tight hug. I grab his bag and give it to him; he says that he'll be on missions for a while and that he's not sure when he'll be back.

"I'll stay in touch. Don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone," he teases, then leaves. I go into the living area and take a seat on the couch. I have nothing else to do, so I might as well move into Avengers Tower. I send a text to Brooke, looking for some sibling bonding time:

Hey! I'm moving into Avengers Tower today... wanna help?

Brooke sends me a text soon after:

Sure! I'll be over soon!

I grin and put my final things into a box: my toothbrush, hairbrush, etc. I sit down and turn on a re-run of Parks and Recreation, only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. It's Brooke.

"Hey, I'm gonna finish this episode real quick if you don't mind, then I'll be ready to go," I explain. She nods and joins me in the living room, taking a seat on the couch.

The episode ends and I look at her, she's still staring at the TV.

"Man! That Andy kid looks exactly like our brother!" She exclaims, still staring at the television.

"Hmm..." I hum, and grab my boxes. There aren't all that many, as I'm not overly-sentimental.

"I have 5 boxes, so I'll take 3 if you can take the other 2..." I instruct. She nods and grabs the two boxes as I stack up my three up and form a barricade in front of my face.

We make our way down the steps, slowly to make sure I don't fall. I fail anyways and trip over the second to last step, stumbling forward and almost dropping all my boxes. A hand grabs onto my shoulder, steadying me, and another onto the boxes, steadying them.

"Hannah?" Steve's voice asks before removing the top box so I can see his face. He's in full uniform, so I know that he must have a reason for being here.

"Hey Steve. I'm just moving over to the Towers and Brooke's helping me out. Do you need anything?" I ask, trying to remain casual.

Steve takes another one of my boxes and helps me carry them to the car. "Well I wanted to let you know that I'm going down to D.C. on a mission. It could be a while, so I wanted to say goodbye to you in person," he says, looking at the ground while shifting the weight between his feet.

"Be careful. And keep in touch. You'll be fine, Captain. I have utter faith in you," I reply and salute, before giving him a hug. We stay in the hug for a few seconds before breaking apart.

"See ya Steve," Brooke awkwardly bids, causing us three to all laugh uncomfortably.

"Bye," he smiles, waving at us before hopping on his motorcycle.

I climb into my Ferrari (cause I can), as does Brooke. She stares at me for a moment before talking. "You liiiiiike him," she sings like a 7-year old.

I look at her and grin. "Yeah, I do." With that we're on our way over to the Avengers Tower. I pull into the garage and park my car near one of Tony's.

"Hot wheels. I might just take them out sometime. I could hook you up, get you some fire blasters in the back; it would be pretty cool," Tony offers, emerging from one of the rooms. "Welcome to the Tower. You moving in?"