Parties After Parties After Parties

Okay so I just re-read the last chapter that I posted and I can't believe I left you guys hanging there! (#dying) So allow me to continue for you all (though this may feel a bit like a filler)

The light shines in through the windows,  blinding my vision. I hazily blink a few times to adjust my eyes to the light, then slowly open them completely. I look up and see Steve, his arms wrapped around me. He's awake, looking off into the distance.

I lean up and kiss him on the lips gently. "Good morning, Steve," I whisper. He looks down at me and gives a small smile.

"Guess we both fell asleep pretty quickly last night. Sorry about that," he mutters removing his embrace on me.

I shake my head. "No, that's totally fine. I... I slept well, so that's all that matters," I slowly sit up in the bed, twisting my legs over the side in order to get up. I look over at him and he's up out of bed as well.

"Do you want to go upstairs to get some breakfast?" he offers, holding out his hand to me. I nod eagerly and take the hand as he leads me up to the "community kitchen".

"So guys, congratulations then," Tony states with a smirk. I give him a confused look only for him to elaborate more, "You know, Hannah, your room was empty last night, you walk up here with Rogers, we have to suspect something."

I roll my eyes and stand there speechless. What is one even supposed to remark with? "Shut up Tony. You know neither of us are like that," Steve declares, taking a seat at the table. I gingerly sit between him and Thor, sitting back a bit in the chair.

"Anyways, you guys were gone for quite a bit yesterday. Would you like to share with the class why?" Tony asks, trying to break the awkward silence.

I hesitate for a second, then begin, "Well, we kind of had the idea to-"

"Check out that new indoor mini-golf place. It was actually pretty cool. The golf balls glowed in the dark, so that was a ton of fun. What did you guys do yesterday?" Steve explains. 

I give him a look, unsure why he didn't want to talk about Bucky. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls himself closer to me. "Not now," he whispers, kissing me on the cheek in order to make it seem less questionable, then sits up back in his seat.

"The Man of Iron has taught me how to play the Box of X. I think I'm pretty good at it!" Thor exclaims. 

"I don't think you're supposed to blow up the X-Box, Thor, but it did look pretty cool," Clint comments, putting his fist out for Thor to bump, sending Clint flipping over backwards.

"The Mayor wants to have a dinner for us in order to celebrate our saving of New York." Bruce comments, holding up an envelope. 

"That was so long ago, but I guess I'm up for it. Anyone who even wants a secret identity will have to go in uniform though, so that might be weird," I bring out, just to make it universally known.

Tony looks at Bruce for a minute, which results in Bruce shaking his head. "I'll e-mail the mayor, see what he wants to do. But you guys would be up for it, right?" He asks. We all respond with a mutter of 'yes' and 'sure's. He gets up and leaves the room, most likely walking down to his lab where his computer's at.

"So basically I have to go in my uniform instead of a suit in a crowded room of people? I'm not so sure," Steve comments.

"We'll all go in our uniforms! I'm sure all the kids would want to see how this suit works!" Tony cheers, summoning his Iron Man hand to interlock onto his actual hand.

"No repulsor blasts. They're celebrating us saving New York, we don't want it to get into any more trouble with lawsuits or anything of that matter," Nat stresses. 

"And then after the party, we should have an after-party! Maybe even after the after-party we could have another party!" Tony exclaims, walking out of the room.

"Well, at least I won't have to buy a new dress or anything. Oh, wait, I won't need the uniform for the afterparty. Nat, do you want to come shopping with me?" I offer. She gets up out of her seat and follows as we leave the room in order to buy some fancy outfits for the party.