Clint's Farm (Age of Ultron Part 3)

//: I personally would not call this an Age of Ultron Chapter, because it's basically a bunch of cute stuff with Cap and some big reveals that happen at Clint's farm, but we'll call it that because it takes place during the timeline. This is a long one because it has nothing to do with the movie and is all creative. Woo!!!

We land at Clint's quaint little farm. Brooke gives me a confused look. "Welcome to Clint's house. His kids and wife are inside. I'm guessing the others will be here soon," I explain. She shrugs and we walk over to the door, knocking on it lightly. I see a little face, Clint's daughter, Lila, looking out at me. The door quickly opens and she jumps into my arms.

"It's so good to see you! How have you been honey?" I ask Lila. Laura, Clint's wife, makes her way over to me and sets Lila down. "How about you go off to your room for a few minutes and play?" she suggests. Lila obliges.

"I'm so sorry to intrude... this is my sister Brooke. Brooke, this is Laura, Clint's wife. I saw the news and figured they'd come here," I explain. She nods, motioning for us to sit down.

"I can't believe you guys are off on another crazy mission. I've tried to talk Clint out of the Avengers thing, I really have, but he won't listen. Men are impossible like that," she complains lightly. I giggle slightly and Brooke shrugs. She doesn't have a boyfriend, so it doesnt concern her.

"Are you and The Captain still together?" Laura asks me, breaking the awkward silence.

I give her a small smile. "Yep. He's pretty great."

"She's terrible with commitment!" Brooke mutters, causing me to roll my eyes. Laura let's out a small "hm", urging me to elaborate.

"Well, Steve has said 'I love you' a few times and... I don't know if I love him." Laura and Brooke both stifle a giggle. "It's true! To me, if you love someone, you're willing to sacrifice everything for him. Am I willing to do that? How would I know?"

Laura shakes her head. "You'll know soon enough. But if you all are staying here, I'm not sure we'll have enough room. Would it be okay if you shared a room?"

"I can actually sleep in my ship, no problem. Make her and Cap share a room. Force them to interact, see if it sparks anything," she schemes. I can't help but laugh at her attempt. Laura smiles and nods, and suddenly the door opens and the Avengers file in.

"Honey, I'm home," Clint calls. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead," he apologizes, but when Brooke and I emerge from the kitchen, he raises his eyebrow. "Guess I didn't have to," he mutters.

I make my way over to Steve and hand him a cup of coffee. I knew he'd be a little disheveled, but he looks even more off than earlier. I choose not to make any contact: hug him or kiss him or anything, and stand by his side instead. He smiles softly as Clint's kids come running in.

This time, his son, Cooper, is here too. He makes his way over to me. "Auntie Hannah! You didn't tell me you were here," he smiles, giving me a big hug.

"How are you doing kid?" I ask, watching Steve follow Thor outside from the corner of my eye.

"Really good! I got a few new Nerf guns since the last time you were here. Maybe we can have another battle!" He offers. I laugh and give him a hug, and he races Lila upstairs to go set up a game to play.

Steve makes his way inside, slowly walking over to me and giving me a hug, looking more broken than I've ever seen him before. I wrap my arms gently around him as he leans into me. "There were two twins working with Ultron. One had super-speed. The other... she... I don't even know. It's like she could control my mind. She... made me see..." his voice cracked slightly as he tried to keep up the strength to go on.