Dad???

I lay back onto my couch, lazily making snowflakes in my hand then causing them to melt away. The world is mostly calm for now. Steve's dealing with a bit of trouble down in DC, but other than that, I'm not really needed.

The elevator dings and opens at my door, causing me to turn and look at the person entering.

"Brooke!" I greet, "such a surprise! Not much to do in space?"

"I just wanted to stop down... or up... for Peter's birthday and now I'm back. Mind if I hang out here?" she asks, plopping down next to me on the couch.

"Not at all." I toss her the TV remote. "You can put on whatever you want."

"WOAH! They made another show for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!? Peter and I used to watch that all the time! I'm putting this on," she states, setting up the episode. I end out watching it too. Why not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"IT'S THE OLYMPICS!" My favorite turtle, Michelangelo, yells. This is the third episode we've watched; this show is surprisingly awesome.

Suddenly, the elevator dings again, alerting me of yet another person on the floor.

"This is indeed a nice new tower!" Thor yells, taking in my room.

"Hey Thor, are you taking a tour of the new Avengers Tower? I think you're up two floors, but don't hold me to it," I discuss, looking up towards him.

"Yes I am! It's a very nice place, but I also needed to talk with you about something," he mentions, walking closer to Brooke and I. I pause Ninja Turtles and sit up in the couch slightly.

"Just a few weeks ago, my brother, Loki, passed away. He died as a great hero-"

"I'm so sorry Thor," I whisper. I really hated Loki for mind-controlling me AND "killing" my dad, but I still can't help but feel bad for Thor.

"In his last breaths he told me that he had a daughter. You. He also had an older girl. He... passed away before he could say anything else."

I can't help but sit there dumbfounded. How else would someone reasonably react? "I- uh..." My words stumble about. My hands clutch onto my knees, freezing my jeans.

"Who's Loki again?" Brooke asks me, totally lost. At this point I wish I were lost too. I understand everything that's going on, I just wish I didn't. There's no way he's my father.

"That would be Thor's brother. He led an attack on New York with a bunch of aliens called the Chuitari. He mind-controlled me and Clint Barton. He's the one that uh- stabbed my father. Not exactly the ideal father figure. He's... dead now," I explain, my voice slowly turning into a whisper.

"I'm sorry Thor. I wonder if he's Peter's dad too?" She questions, leaning back into the couch.

"He passed before saying anything about a boy. Your guess is as good as anyone's. That would mean that after my father, one of you is next in line for the Asgardian throne," Thor slowly explains.

"Wayyyy too much work. I'd have to keep up with three worlds. I think I'll pass," Brooke mutters, continuing the episode.

"Thanks for letting us know, Thor. I'll let you go up to your room and talk to you later..." I state, feeling so far away from the conversation. My head is squeezing with pressure and I groan, feeling slightly lightheaded. It seems as Thor's left, but I can't tell for sure.

"I... need to lie down," I mumble, slowly getting up and stumbling towards my room. Within seconds I collapse on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes cautiously, my whole body writhing in pain. Parts of the room surrounding the bed are coated in snow and frost, and the only blankets seen on my bed are thick, sharp sheets of ice. [HAHA PUN]

Apparently I didn't sleep quite soundly at all. It's not often that I freeze everything in my sleep, only when I have nightmares. No, not nightmares. Night terrors.

I carefully sat up, making my way out of bed. The frost on the carpet meeting my bare feet sends shivers up my spine and I can safely assume that it's roughly 40° in there. I quickly make my way out into the living area to see if Brooke's still there (and to make sure I didn't freeze her).

"It's kinda chilly in here, don't you think?" She asks, her eyes still glued to the TV screen. "Like really cold. I can barely stand it here."

"JARVIS, would you mind letting Tony know that I might have frozen my bedroom and chilled my apartment? Brooke, let's head up a floor to Steve's room to hang out," I declare, my voice still a bit frigid. I lead the way towards the side staircase and take the steps one-by-one, each one more difficult than the last.

Once we make it up to Steve's floor, I can't help but appreciate it. I would have expected Tony to really bring in a patriotic theme, with American flag curtains and all, but the layout is quite warm and simple.

The rug on the floor is a bright white, with navy walls, but the red is only used in certain accents. It looks more luxury cruise liner-inspired than Captain America.

"Aw sweet! He has TMNT too!" Brooke cheers, easily putting it on the television. I sit and try to pay attention to the episode too in attempt to break my thoughts away from Loki. He had plenty of opportunities to tell me, but why didn't he? Why take away my father's life? The way he treated me back then finally made sense, but I still can't quite grasp it all.

"Are you okay? About Loki I mean. You seemed kind of... out of it," Brooke worries, setting her attention to me.

"I have to get used to it. It's just, so hard to believe. It makes me question the use of my powers, and how I may turn out... I don't know," I try to explain. I get up and start to make my way over to the pantry in hopes of finding some kind of snacks. Mostly goldfish. I could really go for goldfish.

I'm interrupted in the "journey" by the elevator opening and an exhausted Steve coming out.

"Is everything okay honey?" I ask, quickly making my way over to him.

"I... honestly don't know. I need to tell you about something."