Disney Adventures Part 2

//: Hey Guys! Had to post in honor of Cap's 100th birthday! Hope you enjoy!

I open my eyes quickly, eager to start the day today. I'm far less tired than I was yesterday, and I'm definitely ready to go. I bound out of bed, only to be hit with a crippling headache as a side-effect from all the drinking last night. I collapse back onto the bed. Steve is now awake, trying not to laugh at my pain. "Someone has a hangover," he chuckles. It's not funny to me; I feel like death.

"I'm dying over here, Steve. Please, if you love me, go get me some Advil," I beg. He shakes his head, laughing, but gets up and leaves, presumably getting me medicine. When the door opens again, I'm expecting Steve, but am just as happy to see Scott.

"I figured you'd be pretty hungover, so I got you some toast and water," he explains, handing me the plate. "Steve and Brooke are perfectly fine; I guess they don't understand the pain of hangovers, but I've got you covered." We both laugh. Steve is lucky because he can't get drunk, and Brooke is used to the strong alcohol from space. A few minutes into breakfast Steve walks in and hands me some Advil. I take it gratefully.

"You know, if you aren't feeling well we can stay here for a while then meet up with the others at the park later," he offers, clearly noting my hangover.

"Nah, I'll be fine," I respond, slowly pulling myself out of bed, "I've done a lot worse with a hangover." I smile fondly, remembering my first mission after breaking up with Ward. Natasha convinced me to go out drinking with her, followed by a mission the next day. I felt like crap, but we got the job done.

I take my time to get dressed into a solid tee and shorts, and by the time I walk out to our living room I see that everyone is ready to go. "Are you feeling better?" Cassie asks me. It's really adorable that she was worried about my headache in the first place. I smile and nod.

We head over to California Adventure; our plan is to stay in that park the whole day since we covered pretty much everything we wanted to ride in Disneyland. The first ride we go to is the Monsters Inc. ride. It's a slower, story-telling ride, so it's definitely the best choice to start me out on. Overall it's pretty enjoyable, but I'm ready for something more thrilling. Appropriately enough, we pass by the Tower of Terror.

"This ride looks pretty freaky," I comment, looking up at the huge building and the elevators falling from it, "I'm down though." Steve eagerly drags me on. It's an elevator drop coaster. Honestly, Scott and I scream so loud that I can't hear anything else. At one point the doors open up and give us a view of the entire park. "Hey look!" I point out to Steve, "it's the Ferris wheel we rode last night!" Unfortunately the doors close before he can get a good look. As we get off the ride, we all step aside to look at the photo taken of us during the attraction, and of course I'm pointing in it. Scott and Brooke are screaming, and Cassie and Steve have their hands up. It's really cute.

"I know a really fun ride over here, but it does get you wet," Cassie explains. Surprisingly, though, I'm down to ride it too. It's way hotter today (88 degrees Fahrenheit), and the park is starting to fill up. She takes us over to the Grizzly River Run, where there's a giant bear made out of rocks for its namesake. The line is long (an hour and a half) but it's well worth it. The ride is a River Ride where our vehicle passes under waterfalls, down steep hills, and through tons of turns. We all get soaked, except Steve somehow, and it feels great. By now it's about 3:30, but none of us are hungry yet (we had a late breakfast), so we continue on to Cars Land.

The kid rides in the area seem cool and all, but we're all looking forward to Radiator Springs Racers. It's a high-speed car ride that I once saw a commercial for. Steve, Brooke, Scott, Cassie, and I all get into the Lightning McQueen car and get ready for a wild ride. Cars Land is totally awesome. It's fully immersive, and incredibly realistic. Luckily, the ride goes so fast that by the time we're done, our once soaking clothes are now dry. It's starting to get late, so we decide to go on one more ride before having dinner: the infamous Soarin. The line is long, but the queue has games and things to look at so we don't get too bored. Eventually, we get on the ride. We're seated right in the middle, conveniently enough. I'm sitting between Brooke and Steve.

"So, did I ever mention I was afraid of heights?" Brooke asks as the chairs we're sitting in begin to rise.

"How? You're from space?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to hold your hand." She grips onto it as the screen starts showing different images of California. We pass by the Golden Gate Bridge, swing through an orange field (which smells amazing), and eventually end up in Disneyland to finish off the ride with fireworks. Each of them makes Brooke jump, which I laugh at, and one giant one ends the ride. It's stunning.

"Did you guys like that one?" I ask as we got off the ride.

"Yeah!" Cassie yells, spinning around. Scott laughs.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty hungry," Brooke complains.

"That's good, because we have dinner reservations soon actually," Steve explains, leading the way around the pier to a place called Carthay Circle. "It has a view of the World of Color show."

We're seated immediately and look through the menu. Scott looks uneasy, probably from the prices. This place is ridiculously expensive.

"Don't you guys worry about the cost; Rich Uncle Tony is paying," I mention, a grin on my face. Suddenly everyone is a little more easygoing. We all order the steak, and Cassie orders tacos. Almost immediately the food comes out, and it looks delicious. For dessert we all order S'mores Cake. The second it comes out the World of Color begins.

The show is really cool actually. I can't figure it out, but it seems like Disney projects different images onto water/mist. It is really stunning, moving, and a perfect way to end the night.

I lean into Steve's shoulder for warmth as we walk back to our hotel. My feet hurt from all the walking, but I'm kind of sad this was our last day. "Did you all have fun?" I ask. They all answer with sounds of agreement and yes-es.

"I'm really going to miss you," I tell Brooke, "promise we'll meet again sometime soon?"

"Oh definitely. And if you ever need anything you know who to call."

We all retreat to our room, ready to wake up early for our flight tomorrow.