Disney Adventures

//: Hey everyone! I'm back after a bit of a break with a long chapter! Hope you enjoy it! I'm going on vacation this week so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to write more!

Before I know it, sunlight is dancing over my eyelids, and I simply can't keep them closed. It doesn't help that Cassie is cheering because she's so excited to go to the parks today. The commotion relieves me though; it makes me feel safe. I get out of bed slowly as Steve gets out of the shower, only a towel covering his dripping body.

"Look who's finally awake. Are you excited to go today?" He asks, placing a kiss on my lips. I grin; honestly it's comforting to have him here with me, even with him dripping wet. My nightmare really freaked me out last night. Steve and I have gotten a lot more comfortable with each other lately. Even though seeing him in a towel makes my face heat up, and I can't help but look, it's become pretty common. I love how close we've gotten.

"I'm so excited. You're so perfect. I can't believe you did this all for me," I move in closer to him, a bright smile on my face. He pulls me in for a deeper kiss this time, until we're "rudely" interrupted by the door opening.

"Hey- woah, sorry to interrupt," Brooke stands in the doorway, "but do you think you'll be ready to go in like ten minutes? Nice abs by the way, Steve. You've been working out?

"A little," he laughs, "I've been blessed with an artificial six pack. But yep, I think we'll be good for ten minutes." I laugh at him and grab my clothes, rushing into the bathroom to change as quickly as possible. Steve picked out a pair of black shorts and a Minnie Mouse shirt that he must have bought at some point. It's super cute, and surprisingly comfy. When I walk out of the bathroom, I see that he has on a matching Mickey shirt on and is grinning at me.

"I need to catch up on my Disney movies, but I figured Mickey and Minnie was a safe bet," he comments. I laugh at him and grab his hand; he's absolutely adorable. We meet Brooke, Scott, and Cassie in the dining area of the suite.

"You slept for way too long. Don't think I didn't hear you sneaking out last night," Brooke complains, waving a very "threatening" finger at me. "Just grab something and go. We're all super excited." I sigh and grab a granola bar for Steve and I, shoving it in my bag before leaving the room.

As we walk towards the entrance of the hotel (because this hotel is actually connected to Disneyland), Brooke tells us about how she and Peter once went to Disney World with our mom (which I've heard is similar to Disneyland). I wish I could have gone with them; it's kind of sad that I don't remember Peter or my mother. Still, this makes her the only expert because I never got to go, neither did Scott, and Steve was in the ice when the park was opened. She leads the way and takes us through Adventureland to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

"I love this movie!" Scott cheers. "Johnny Depp is a God."

"Well you'll like the ride too. From what I remember, it's a really chill boat ride, and perfect to start off the day," Brooke explains. Steve grabs my hand as we enter the ride queue and I finally realize that he hasn't rode a rollercoaster in almost 80 years. Luckily, this one seems chill. He's definitely going to be surprised by the advancement in ride technology though.

The wait is surprisingly short, only 10 minutes, and the ride is really fun. My favorite part is seeing Jack Sparrow everywhere, but Steve personally enjoys figuring out how everything works. "Do you think this ride is on a track or do you think it's just the water pushing it along?" He asks me mid-ride. I decide to go with track, although I'm not entirely sure, and he nods in response. After the ride, we walk out into the burning sun and continue to follow our "tour guide."

"So I've been reading about this challenge," Brooke mentions, walking us towards Frontierland, "where there are four big mountains in this park and you ride all four. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, the Matterhorn, and..." she points up to the huge tower of rocks in front of us, "Big Thunder Mountain."