83.

-

The sun was setting, and it was eerily quiet for a world filled with the dead. Riven and Reagan stood outside of a nice-looking house in a nice but empty neighborhood.

Reagan approached the door and reached into a hanging flower pot and took out a small key before he unlocked the front door.

Riven quietly followed after Reagan as Reagan walked into the house. It was dark inside, but the moonlight cast a small outline of light through the window.

Reagan reached into the bag Riven had and pulled out a flashlight turning it on, and Riven squinted his eyes as Reagan shined the light on him, "Stay here."

Riven watched as Reagan moved further into the house, disappearing into the dark hallway.

Riven let out a small sighed before he turned around and walked out of the house,

He glanced around for any sign of walkers, but there weren't any walkers around.

Riven went to head back inside, but he paused as he spotted something, and he grinned,

"Oh, hell yeah."

Reagan headed back towards the front once he was finished searching the whole house except for one room that he decided to stay clear of.

He furrowed his eyebrows in concern as he didn't see Riven where he left him. "Riven?"

Suddenly, the sound of an engine turning on sounded from outside, a sound that always made his mother go mad with his father.

Reagan cursed and rushed out of the house, "Riven, don't you..and he's gone."

Reagan watched as Riven drove away in a motorcycle, and he let out a groan before closing the front door and rushing to his truck, cursing out Riven under his breath.

"God dammit, you idiot."

⭐️

Riven stared at the building in front of him before he tried the doors, grinning when he found them unlocked, and he walked inside, the door slamming behind him.

The slam echoed throughout the quiet building, and Riven waited for any walkers to appear, but after a moment, no walkers did.

He walked further into the building, glancing around. He wondered what if it would've been like if he had actually gone to high school.

He looked inside of a classroom, but the door was locked, with a small frown, He moved to another.

He wondered if he would have made any friends despite his personality and his family.

He remembered trying to convince his father to put him back in school, but his father had ignored him.

He had asked Merle and Daryl since they were older and his guardians too, but they had refused,

Merle had told him that he would be the center of bullying if he went to school. Daryl didn't give him a reason why he didn't want to put him back in school.

Riven would often sit outside of his house on the curve, watching as the other kids in the neighborhood go to school and watch them as they run towards the bus stop.