39.

-

".. Get back in your cells!" Riley was startled awake his father shout, and he bolted up, quickly standing, glancing at Riven, who wasn't in the bed anymore.

He cursed and rushed out of the cell, hearing the sound of snarls, "dad!" Riley rushed down the stairs, pulling out his knife and stabbing one of the dead as he reached the last steps.

"Riley, keep the dead away from the people!" Hershel shouted out orders, and a snarl came from behind Riley,

He quickly turned around, the walker was closer to him, but before it could grab him, it fell dead, and behind the walker stood Riven, who was breathing heavily,

Blood slid down his eyes, and Riley's eyes widened, "Dad!"

"I'm fine." Riven weakly told him, and Riley looked at him in disbelief,

"You're literally bleeding from your eyes, shit, come on." Riley wrapped an arm around Riven's waist and guided him back upstairs towards Glenn's room.

"Glenn, keep an eye on him!" Riley demanded, gently placing Riven next to Glenn, before he rushed out of the cell to go help hershel.

"Riven?" Glenn lifted his head, looking at him, and Riven lifted his hand, waving a bit,

"Yeah, it me. Don't cream your pants." Glenn let out a groan before coughing and gasping.

"Shit, don't and down you go." Riven stood up, and his knees hit the ground as he kneeled down beside Glenn, turning him on his side as he started choking on blood.

"Hershel! Riley, help! It's Glenn!" Riven yelled before going into a coughing fit.

There was no response, and Riven cursed, "Just hold on, I'll be right back." Riven stood up and rushed out of the cell, and he paused as he saw a walker with the oxygen bag.

"Hey, over here." He called for the walker, catching its attention, which worked and once the walker reached him, he slammed him against the railing, taking the oxygen bag from him before jamming his knife into the walker skull.

Those actions alone left him breathless, and the walker fell back, falling off the railing, but Riven stumbled into Glenn's cell, falling to his knees, ignoring the ache of pain that coursed through them.

"This is so gross, I'm sorry about this, man." Riven mumbled, putting the oxygen bag on Glenn's face, over his nose and mouth,

"Riven!" Hershel rushed in, and Riven moved to the side before turning to the side and vomiting blood,

"Riley, I need your help in here!"

⭐️

Daryl and the group that went with him to gather medicine returned. It was a miracle how Hershel and Riley didn't get sick, but the ones who survived were grateful that they didn't get sick. Without them, all of them would've died.

"..he was literally bleeding from his eyes.." Riven rolled his eyes as Riley rambled on and on to Michonne and Daryl, who were with Riven, who was making himself busy cleaning the blood off his jacket, feeling tired and sore.

Hershel had practically shoved the medication down his throat eariler.

"..here, let me." Michonne gently took his jacket from his hands, and Riven sighs,

"You think it'll come off?" Riven questioned, his voice quiet, tired, and rough from all the blood puking he did.

Michonne gave him a small smile, "Yeah, it will, I'll make sure of it."

Riven gave her a small smile back, watching her leave the room, Daryl was sitting next to him, listening to Riley Ramble.

Riven leaned back against the wall, and he leaned his head on Daryl's shoulder, his eyes closing as his body finally decided to sleep.

Daryl glances to his shoulder as he feels weight and sees Riven head on his shoulder, His eyes close, evenly breathing.

".. he's a good kid." Riley quietly spoke, grabbing a blanket and passing it to daryl, who nodded in thanks before wrapping the blanket around Riven,

"Yeah, he is. Definitely didn't any of that from any of us." Darly mattered, referring to his dad and Riven's mother.

As far he knew, Riven's mom wasn't the nicest of the bunch. She was a total bitch to him and Merle whenever she was around, she didn't even let them feel Riven kicking in the womb, but Merle and him laughed whenever Riven wouldn't stop kicking and it would give his mother extreme pain.

Their dad wasn't the best either, worse than Riven's mother, but Riven came out kind, even though he had a mouth on him, but all Dixons had mouths on them, always swearing.

Daryl knew Riven always had a thing for helping people. Half the time, Riven was always late coming home because he was helping some old lady with her groceries, or he was helping some single mother who lived a couple blocks away from them with three kids mow her lawn,

The kid did it free, too, which pissed it off Merle when he learned what Riven was doing, and he wasn't even asking for money.

Riven may look like some tough kid, with a bad temper, but he had a big heart, a total softie if anyone asked daryl.

".. Carl said some things to Riven," Daryl looked over at Riley, who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed,

"I don't exactly know what, and I know for sure, Riven would punch me if he heard me telling you this, but I think you should know, " Riley told him, a small sigh escaping him, glancing at Riven,

"It upset him, and I would talk to Carl myself, but I think that brat would tell me to go fuck myself, but he's scared of you, so, maybe you should have a talk with him about it." Riley said,

Daryl nodded, "I will."

Riley nodded, "I'll let you guys be, I'm gonna check on my sister's." With that, Riley walked out of the room, leaving the Dixon brothers alone.

Daryl leans back, a small sigh escaping him before he rests his head on his brothers and closes his eyes, hoping to get some shut eye.

⭐️

1011 words

Shorter chapter, sorry :(

Thoughts?