58.

-

They had buried Noah and Aiden after returning to Alexandria. Riven only stayed until Noah was buried, and after, he went to the infirmary to be with Tara, who was still unconscious.

He hasn't left the infirmary since then. He's been curled up in a chair next to her bedside,

People come and go visiting Tara, or simply forcing Riven to eat something or to take his spot for a while so he could shower or stretch his legs.

Riven kinda wished that Daryl was back in Alexandria instead of being out there looking for people with Aaron.

Sure, Daryl was never good with emotions, but at the moment, Riven thought Daryl could be the only one that could make things feel real and feel better in a way.

Daryl was just never around when Riven really needed him. Times like these, Riven had to be tough and comfort himself.

He let out a small sighed as he ran his hand through his hair, leaning back against the chair, stretching his legs out in front of him.

"..come on, T, you gotta wake up soon, I can't judge Eugene and Gabriel by myself, it gets boring." Riven muttered under his breath,

He held some respect for Eugene since he saved Tara's life. It wasn't much respect, though, since he couldn't forget that time Eugene shot him even though it was by accident.

Gabriel, on the other hand, was a whole different story.

Maggie came to the infirmary earlier to gossip or more like rant because it seemed like she needed to just talk to someone and she chose Riven as her victim, but apparently Gabriel has been saying some shit about the group to Deanna trying to make them look bad.

Riven thought Gabriel should just leave the poor woman alone and let her grieve her son.

It also didn't help that Rick went and beat the crap out of Pete, the doctor of Alexandria, but Riven was pretty sure Pete deserved it.

He stands by Rick, and he doesn't care what anyone says about it.

Though since Rick beat up Pete, Brendon has become even more creepier, at least in Riven's opinion.

He was always lurking around, always appearing out of nowhere.

It was funny when Riven did it because he was doing it to the others in a teasing, playful way, but when Brendon did it, it was creepy.

He only did it to Riven, and Riven was the only one who saw it.

For a moment, Riven thought he was going crazy but then Oreo started growling at Brendon whenever he was near him, confirming that he wasn't going crazy, but maybe Brendon was.

"... Riven?" Riven lazily titled his head back, seeing an upside down, Esme approaching him.

He stared at her as she stopped by the end of Tara's bed, standing rather anxiously, and she pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

Riven leaned forward, narrowing his eyes into a glare, "Don't even think about it."

"Right,"Esme chuckled a little, putting away the pack of cigarettes, "You don't like smoking."