48.

-

Atlanta.

They were back in the city. The streets were empty, beside a few walkers that lingered around, and abandoned cars.

The sidewalks were filled with shattered glass from building windows, most buildings were destroyed, and most weren't there anymore.

"..is it just me or..is this a bit creepy?" Calvin spoke, his voice on edge as he glanced around, no sign of anything.

"No, there's something definitely off about this." Riley commented, staying close by Riven, just in case anything decides to just pop up.

Riven was a magnet for danger, and the kid had been hurt enough.

"..did the city always looked this shitty?" Riven spoke up, glancing at Riley, who nodded,

"Pretty much."

"Let me guess, you never been to the city?" Calvin questioned as the four of them started to walk further into the city, keeping their guard up, on alert.

"Once, when I was a kid, but i don't remember much of it besides getting lost from my brothers." Riven replied,

"You know, the way you talk about them, they sound like shitty brothers." Calvin told him with a small chuckle,

"Oh, they were. Daryl changed, and Merle was trying." Riven told him, frowning,

The sound of a car coming made them pause before all four of them hid behind cars.

Riley and London hid behind a dusty blue car, while Calvin and Riven hid behind the one in front of them, across the street, a dirty silver car.

A car slowly drove past them, and Riven narrowed his eyes as he remembered what Daryl had told him about the car he saw when Beth went missing.

The car matched Daryl's description of the car.

"We need to follow that car." Riven whispered, going to follow, but London stopped him,

"No."

Riven turned to look at him, "That's the car that took my friend. It could lead us to her."

"It might not be the car. You'll just be putting yourself at risk." London replied, and Riven looked back at the car. It turned a corner, disappearing from his view.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take." Riven stood up and ran,

He ran down the street, and he turned the corner, seeing the car ahead, going to turn around, and he ran after it, staying hidden behind cars, in alleyways, anywhere were he could hide.

"..you're gonna get yourself killed one of these days." London mumbled as he caught with Riven, losing Riley and Calvin in the progress. Hopefully, they weren't far behind.

He couldn't deal with Riven and his recklessness by himself. He wasn't good with kids, especially teenagers with issues and a dark sense of humor.

"Well, then that'll be my lucky day." Riven muttered in response before moved further up,

London followed, staying close by Riven. The kid reminded him a little like his own kid.

His son. Harrison was his name.

Only a little, though, Riven was different from Harrison.

Harrison always had friends around, always following him like he was the sun, and they needed him to survive,

Harrison was outgoing and funny, with a good sense of humor, but none of that matter, because he ended his own life at sixteen years old.

He went to wake up his son only to find him dead, and his wife's medication was empty at his bedside table.