55.

-

"..smile a little, Riven." Riven tore his weary eyes away from the people of Alexandria towards Maggie, who stood in front of him with Glenn.

The group had all but literally dragged Riven to the party. If they had to suffer, so did Riven, Glenn words to be exact.

Daryl, London, and Riley seemed to be the only ones not at the party, and Riven would rather much be with them than at this party.

The people of Alexandria were weird, and it put him on edge.

"..what is wrong with these people?" Riven questioned, moving closer to Noah as some old lady threw him a warm smile.

"They've been living behind these walls since the beginning." Glenn replied, like it would explain everything, which to Riven it did.

These people of Alexandria didn't really know the dangers of what's outside those walls.

They have all been living normal life's since the beginning, like the world never changed.

They've been lucky so far. They've been lucky nobody has attacked them, and lucky no walkers got inside.

Riven felt kinda bad for them as he watched them happily chat away and laugh.

"I'm gonna get some fresh air." Riven mumbled under his breath, pushing himself off the wall he was leaning on, and he walked away from Maggie, Glenn, and Noah before they could say anything.

He headed out of the party and into the porch, taking a deep breath of the night air.

The smell of cigarette filled his senses of smell, and he turned his head towards of the direction of the smell, and saw a woman by the far left end of the porch, sitting on the railing, smoking.

She seemed to notice his presence and turned to look at him, her eyes meeting his, and for a moment, Riven thought there was something familiar about those eyes of hers, but as quickly as that thought came, it was gone.

"You smoke?" The woman spoke, her voice had a bit of roughness to it, but scratchy must be because of the smoking.

Riven shook his head, "No."

Merle had once tried to get him to smoke when he was around seven, but Riven refused to touch any of that. The smell of cigarettes was a permanent smell his father had, and he didn't want to smoke something that reminded him of his father.

"..you're one of them, right? From the group Aaron brought in." The woman asked, standing up from the railing, blowing out a bit of smoke,

Riven simply stared at her, and the woman chuckled, "Not much of a chatter box, huh?"

She walked over and stood beside him, finally putting out her cigarette. "My name is Esme. What's yours?"

"Riven." He simply replied, looking away from Esme and towards the sky. The stars were always beautiful to watch.

"Got a last name, kid?" Riven leaned his arms on the railing, letting out a small sighed.

He didn't answer Esme. If she didn't give a last name, then why should he?

Riven pushed himself off the railing and went back inside, leaving Esme behind, not wanting to spend another second with that woman that smelled like cigarettes and a hint of liquor.