57.

-

Noah was dead.

It had all gone to shit at the last minute because of Nicolas. Riven and Glenn had to witness Noah dying.

Riven had him. Riven had Noah's hand, and then he didn't. Glenn had pulled him back before the walkers could grab ahold of him like they did with Noah, and they had to watch as the walkers tore Noah apart, his screams still echoing in their heads.

He couldn't save Noah. That was another person he failed. He wanted to kill Nicolas, and he was going to, but he only got a few punches in before Glenn stopped him.

Riven didn't agrue with Glenn. He just got in the back of the van and stayed quiet during the whole ride back to Alexandria.

All his anger disappeared the second he sat next to Tara, and all that left was extreme guilt.

Noah would still be alive if he just held on tighter. Noah would still be here if he didn't fail to save him. He had him, so why couldn't he save him?

Riven looked down at his hands, and that's when he noticed it. His bracelet. It was gone.

The one that Sophia had given it. It was gone. He frantically glanced around the van floor, but he didn't see it.

"Stop the van!" He demanded, turning to face Eugene, who shook his head.

"No, I will not." Eugene replied, and Riven harshly glared at him before huffing and turning around,

He stood up, and Nicholas lifted his head, his eyes full of fear, "Hey, what are you doing?"

Riven ignored him as he walked to the doors, and he opened the door,

"Riven! Eugene, stop the van!" Glenn shouted, and Eugene slammed the breaks, the van screeching to a stop.

Riven was already out of the van before it even stopped. He needed to go back. He needed to get his bracelet back.

"..hey! Hey, what are you doing?" Glenn blocked his way, and Riven looked at him,

"I have to go back. I need to go back." Riven told Glenn, moving aside of Glenn, and continued to walk.

"Riven, Noah is gone, okay, and we need to get Tara back to Alexandria.."

Riven ignored him as he continued to walk, and he halted his steps as Glenn blocked his way again.

"Stop! I have to go back! It's the only thing that I have left of her! I have to get it back!" Riven snapped, pushing Glenn away.

Glenn was confused, "What?"

Riven took a deep breath, "Sophia's bracelet. It fell off. It probably fell off when i.."

"When I was trying to pull Noah back in. I'm going back." Riven told Glenn, and Glenn grabbed his arm, stopping him from walking,

"Riven, it's just a bracelet." Glenn gently told him, and Riven shook his head,

"No. It's not just a bracelet to me, Glenn. It's the only thing I have left of Sophia. It's our friendship bracelet," Riven gently pulled his arm from Glenn's grip, as he tried hard to hold back tears,

"Please, I have to go back for it." The pleading tone in Riven's voice broke Glenn's heart even more,

"Okay," Glenn nodded his head, "but I'm going with you."

Riven just nodded and watched as Glenn hurried over to the van, telling Eugene to head back to Alexandria.

Riven felt his hands shaking. He never thought he'll lose the bracelet. He never thought of it before. It was always safe, always on his wrist.

Riven heard the van leaving, and he let out a shaky breath as Glenn approached him.

"Come on, Ri."

⭐️

Noah was unrecognizable. There wasn't any part of him that wasn't torn from his body, but Riven had found his bracelet clutched in Noah's hand, the one that he was holding.

Riven stood there, staring at Noah, not being able to make a move.

Glenn noticed, and he took a step forward, kneeling down beside Noah body, and he reached his hands out,

He uncurled Noah's fingers from the bracelet that was covered in blood, and he stood up, turning to face Riven,

Tears streamed down Riven's face, "it wasn't your fault." Glenn told him, gaining Riven's attention.

"I had him, Glenn....I had him, I should have saved him." Riven said in a small voice, his voice wavering with emotion.

"It's not your fault, Riven." Glenn repeated, closing the distance between them and hugging Riven, who tensed but slowly hugged him back.

"I can't leave him like this, I won't." Riven quietly said as he pulled back from Glenn's embrace, and Glenn nodded,

"We won't." Glenn promised, giving Riven a small smile passing him his bracelet.

The bracelet lay on his palm, It used to be colorful, but then the color started to fade over time, but now it was just red.

It was painted in Noah's blood, and Riven clenched his hand before putting his bracelet away, secured in his jacket pocket.

He quickly wiped his tears away with the back of his arm and cleared his throat,

"Let's find something to wrap him up in."

Glenn had managed to find a sheet to wrap Noah in before he and Riven carefully carried Noah out of the warehouse.

Just as they were carrying Noah out, a van pulled up, and the passenger door swung open before Riley rushed out.

He walked over, a frown on his face. He heard about Noah through Eugene, who was kind enough to drive him back to the warehouse after he found out that Riven and Glenn stayed back.

"...I'll take him, just open the back doors." He told Riven, who nodded, letting Riley grab Noah before he let go and headed towards the back of the van, opening the doors.

Glenn and Riley carefully placed Noah in the back, and Glenn let out a small sighed,

"We can't leave Aiden here either." He spoke up, and Riley nodded. He met Aiden briefly. He was one of Deanna's sons.

"Alright, I'll go with you." Riley told Glenn before turning to look at Riven,"Riven, stay in the van with Eugene." Riley said, and Riven didn't agrue this time as he only nodded his head before moving to get inside of the van, sitting near Noah, but keeping his distance.

Glenn and Riley left, and Riven glanced at Eugene, who nervously tapped his fingers against the steering wheel.

"Why'd you come back?" Riven asked, and Eugene cleared his throat,

"Riley threatened to shoot me if I didn't."

⭐️
1090 words

Thoughts?