87.

-

Esme didn't plan on things going the way they were going. All she wanted to do was take care of Riven, which is way, when Rick and the others had decided to head to Hilltop once they found out Riven was there along with Reagan, Negan's son, they wanted to speak to Reagan about Negan, make him understand what he was doing wasn't right,

But Esme didn't care about any of that. She just cared about Riven, so she had asked if she could go with them to Hilltop.

Rick didn't look like he wanted to bring her, and neither did many others, but Rick agreed once she managed to convince him that all she wanted to do was see Riven, and make sure he was alright.

When they arrived at Hilltop, Rick and the others occupied themselves by speaking to Reagan, who didn't want to speak to Rick, but he was forced to listen to Rick by Riven, who had kicked him out of the infirmary, leaving Mercury behind with him in a crib that Jesus had found.

With Reagan busy with Rick and the rest of his people, along with Riley and London, that left Riven by himself.

Riven, of course, wasn't so happy to see her, which led her to her current situation, trying to make Riven understand that she was only trying to be there for him.

But no matter how much she was explaining, Riven wasn't listening to her. He wasn't trying to understand that she was trying her best for him.

"..Riven, please just listen to me, I want to be there for you, I want you to know that I am trying to be your mother." Esme told him,

Riven scoffed, "we've been through this already, I don't want you to be my mother."

Tears welled up in Esme's eyes, "but I am your mother, Riven, and you can't deny that."

Riven sat up, wincing a little, and Esme took a step towards him, but he glared at her, "I am not denying the fact that you are my mother,"

"I'm just telling you that I don't want you to be my mother. I don't need a mother, Esme, so get out before you wake up Mercury." Riven told her, glancing towards Mercury, who was surprisingly still asleep.

Esme sniffled, and she nodded her head before heading towards the door, but instead of opening it, she locked the door.

"You know, you and me, we aren't so different from each other," Esme spoke as she headed towards the cabinet, opening it and looking through the medication.

"What are you doing?" Riven questioned, worried for Mercury. If Esme were to try anything, Mercury could be in danger.

"If I can't be your mother in this life. Then I'll just be your mother in another one." Esme grabbed an empty needle before injecting something inside of it, turning to face Riven.

"You had your chance to be a mother years ago, you deluded bitch." Riven snapped, his eyes darting between Mercury and Esme.

"Oh, my sweet boy." Esme approached him, reaching her hand out to touch his face, but Riven slapped her hand away and reached for the needle, but Esme grabbed his hand in a tight grip,

Riven glared at her and punched Esme in her ribs with his other hand, and Esme let out a shout of pain,

Her shout woke up Mercury, who wailed in fright,

Esme tried to stab the needle into Riven, but Riven struggled with her, he kicked her with his good leg, but as Esme stumbled back, she pulled Riven down, making him fall to the floor with a small groan.

Esme got on top of Riven, and Riven held her hands away from him, "If you just tried to listen to me, none of this would have happened."

"..hey! Is everything okay in there?" A woman's voice rang out from outside of the trailer,

"Help!" Riven shouted, and Esme used all her strength to push the needle down,

Riven moved his head to the side, the tip of the needle cutting his cheek, and with all his strength, Riven pushed Esme off of him as the door to the infirmary rattled as it was being banged into.

"Say hi to dad in hell for me, you bitch." Riven violently jammed the needle into Esme's neck, and injected whatever was in the needle into her.

Esme gasped, her eyes widened before her head titled to the side, eyes wide open, and Riven fell beside her as the door busted open, and a woman rushed in,

Riven remembered her. She was Reagan's sister, she ran over to him, kneeling beside him, "What the hell?" She helped him sat up,

He let out a groan and gestured for Mercury. The woman stood up, grabbing Mercury from her crib, before carefully passing her to Riven.

Mercury calmed down a little bit once in Riven's arms, but she was still crying. Tears streamed down her face, her little hands were balled up,

"Riven! Mercury!" The woman tensed and moved back as Reagan ran into the infirmary, pausing as he spotted Riven and Mercury on the floor, Esme lying near them, not breathing at all.

Reagan hasn't noticed his sister yet as he rushed over to Riven, kneeling beside him, "Are you both alright?"

Reagan narrowed his eyes at the small cut on Riven's cheek, and Riven huffed, glancing at Esme, "We're fine. She just scared Mer."

"Riven!" Michonne kneeled on the other side of Riven, her eyes full of worry, and Riven cracked a small smile,

"Hey, samurai." Michonne smiled a little, chuckling,

"Hey, angry bird."

Reagan stood up, letting London take a look at Riven and Mercury, and he turned to face the person who was with Riven before,

"Melanie?"

His younger sister, Melanie Smith, stood in front of him, and she cleared her throat, crossing her arms over her chest,

"Reagan."

"You two know each other?" Rick spoke, eyes darting between the two,

Melanie sighed, a deep frown on her face as she continued to stare at Reagan.

"He's my brother."

⭐️
1023 words

Sorry for the short chapters
Also, I apologize if this chapter seemed rushed.

Thoughts?