41.

-

Riven couldn't breathe. He could feel the warm blood that splattered on his face mere seconds ago. The loud noises became distant sounds, and he could faintly hear Maggie screaming,

It wasn't supposed to be like this. It wasn't supposed to go this way.

The governor had brought the three of them back to the prison, lining them up in a single line, hershel, Riven, and Michonne.

Rick and the governor were talking, and then all of the sudden, the governor swung Michonne's sword across Hershel's neck, blood splattered on Riven, who stared in shock.

"No!no! You son of bitch!" Suddenly everything came back at once for Riven and he stood up, knocking his body into the governors knocking him down, and gunshots started firing back and forth.

The governor stood up, but Riven kicked his leg. The governor stumbled before he was tackled by Rick, and the two started fighting.

Riven saw Michonne's sword, and he grabbed it before cutting the rope, and he gripped the handle of the sword as he stood up,

The governor was beating Rick, Rick's face was bruised, and Riven rushed over, kicking the governor off Rick,

Riven stood over the governor breathing heavily, but he wasn't having a panic attack. No, he was just simply pissed.

Riven let out a yell as he violently thrusted the sword down into the governors crotch making him scream out,

Riven smirked down at him, "That was for Maggie," and for him, but he didn't say it, Maggie deserved justice more than he did.

He pulled the sword out, and he stabbed the governor in the shoulder, "That was for Andrea,"

He twisted the sword, and the governor screamed in pain, blood spilling past his lips, and Riven pulled the sword out and stabbed the governor in the chest, not yet killing him.

"That was for my brother, Merle, and this," Riven lifted the sword, "is for hershel."

Riven slammed the sword down into the governors throat, the governor was still alive, choking on his blood, and Riven crouched down beside him, searching him before finding his knives

"These are mine." Riven grabbed the governor's gun, and he stood up, aiming the gun at the governor,

He stared at the governor as he choked on his own blood, pain written in his expression, and Riven scoffed, lowering the gun.

"No. You won't get the easy way out. You deserve every single inch of pain that you are feeling right now, " Riven glanced towards his left, where he saw walkers heading over to them, snarling and reaching their decaying hands towards them,

He pulled the sword out, grinning down at the governor, "Bitch."

Riven turned to look at Rick, but Rick was gone, probably to find Carl and Judith.

Riven needed to find Daryl and Michonne. He picked up the sword case as he ran towards the destroyed prison, as the walkers surrounded the governor, tearing into him.

The governor couldn't scream or shout as the walkers tore his flesh from his bones or when the walkers ripped open his stomach. He was dead by then.

There were walkers all over, bodies of his people, or the governors' people laid on the ground, dead with either bullet holes in their heads or they were slowly turning into walkers.

He didn't find anyone, and as he turned a corner, he paused, his heart dropping to his chest as he saw a bloody car seat, judith's car seat.

"..Tyrese took her, I saw it. He went with Mika and Lizzie." Riven snapped his head over towards the voice that spoke,