49.

-

Beth and London returned with Carol, who was in a wheelchair unconscious, and the sight of Carol like that made Riven furious.

"You bitch!" Dawn let out a shout of pain as Riven roughly pressed her against the wall,

The wall shook with the force of the shove, and her back pulsed in pain but her eyes were focused on the knife pressing tightly against her throat,

Riven tightly clenched his hand around the handle of his knife. The handle was pressing painfully against his skin.

Dawn took a deep, careful breath, her eyes moving towards Riven's, the furious look in his eyes scared her. 

"..we can talk about this." Her voice was barely above a whisper, and Riven scoffed,

"Talk about what? How'd you run over my friends? Yeah, no thanks. Come on, move it." Riven roughly grabbed her by her arm and pushed her away from the wall.

"You won't get away with this. You won't make it out of here alive. If you let me go, i can get you out here." Dawn said, trying to convince Riven to let her go.

"Shh, Shh," Riven shushed her in a mocking way, "Listen, Dawn, is it? Honestly, I don't give a shit. Shut up, okay, or else I'll slit your throat, and that won't be good now, would it?"

He stopped in front of the door and turned to face Dawn, "You want to live? Then do as I tell you to do, get us out of here, and we won't have any problems. Understand?"

Dawn nodded, and Riven glanced at Beth and London, giving them a small nod before opening the door and walking out, pulling Dawn with him.

Dawn walked in front of him, her face determined, thinking of ways to overpower Riven, but he was unpredictable as far as she could tell. He acted before thinking, and it made him dangerous.

Suddenly, the small group paused as there was commotion further down the hallway.

They were heard voices shouting, and Beth's eyes widened, a small gasp leaving her, snapping her head towards Riven.

"That's my brother. That's Riley."Beth smiled before she took off down the hallway towards the sound of her brother.

She ran down the hallway and turned right before pausing as she saw Riley arguing with officers, a man standing beside him, trying to calm the situation down.

"Riley!" Her voice was loud, and it stopped the arguing as everyone turned to face her, and she took a step forward as Riley turned to look at her.

"Beth?" Beth ran over to Riley, and Riley met her halfway, both of them throwing their arms around them in a tight hug.

Riven and the others approached them, and Riley pulled back when he noticed them.

"You have to stop running off." Riley told Riven, who shrugged,

"Found your sister." Riley let out a small laugh, nodding his head.

"Yes, you did."

Calvin walked up, clearing his throat, "Hi, Nice to meet ya, I don't want to sound rude, but let's get the hell out of here, yeah?"

Beth nodded, "Yeah," she turned to face Dawn, and she walked over to her, stopping in front of her.

"I get it now." Beth told her, and before anyone could react, Beth stabbed Dawn in the shoulder with a pair of scissors.

Dawn had grabbed the gun on Beth's waistband, and a gunshot echoed.

Warm blood splattered across Riven's face, his eyes widened in shock and horror as he watched Beth's body drop to the ground, blood quickly pooling underneath her head.

"No.. no, no!" Riley yelled, shaking his head as he kneeled beside Beth, his hands hovering over her body, his hands shaking,

"I..I didn't.." Dawn stammered, trying to find some excuse, and Riven gripped his knife tightly before he spun to face Dawn and violently thrust his knife into her neck.

Dawn let out a choke gasp, and Riven pulled out his knife. She fell to the floor, and Riven straddled her, and he raised his knife and stabbed her.

Tears streamed down his face as he continued to stab Dawn. Blood splattered on him, his hair stuck to his head with warm blood.

Arms wrap around him and start pulling him back, but he struggles,

"No! Let me go!" The arms continued to pull him back, and he stopped once his eyes landed on Beth, and he just broke.

Sobs wrecked his body, and the arms around him tightened, "I got you, kid."

It was Riley, his voice was full of pain, tears streamed down his face, and his throat ached as he wanted to scream at the world.

His baby sister was dead. She was alive one second, and she was dead the next.

Riven reached his hand out towards Beth, and Riley let him go, watching as Riven crawled over, kneeling over Beth's body,gripping her lifeless hand in his.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I'm sorry." His voice was quiet as he chanted under his breath,

This was his fault. If he just paid more attention, then he should've seen it coming, or maybe if he handcuffed Dawn's hand behind her back.

Beth was dead, and it was his fault. He failed to save somebody again. He failed to be the one comforting someone. Instead, he was the one breaking. He was the one being weak.

His heart was being squeezed in his chest tightly, and he couldn't breathe, and suddenly, an arm was thrown over his shoulder, pulling him closer to a chest,

"..Breathe, Riven..breathe." Riley told him, as he held Riven, who was struggling to breathe, "breathe, kid."

Riven shook his head, "she's gone. She's gone. She's gone."

Riley took a shaky breath, "I know, but I need you to calm down. I know it hurts, but you need to breathe."

Riven let go of Beth's hand, and tightly clenched Riley's shirt in his hands as he held his breath, trying to calm himself down, but all he could hear was the sound of the gunshot and the sound of the thud of Beth's body hitting the ground.

All he could feel was the warmth blood of Beth's splattering across his face. All the taste he had all was the blood in his mouth, and all he smelled was the iron smell of blood coating him.

A small whimper escaped him, "I'm sorry.."

"I'm so sorry."

⭐️
1072 words

Gave beth her original death,

Thoughts?