54.

-

Riven woke up with something wet licking his face, and he grimaced as Oreo licked his face, He gently pushed her head away, "Gross, O."

Oreo happily wagged her tail, rubbing her head under his chin, and he sat up, petting her, taking in his surroundings.

He wasn't in the barn anymore. Instead, he was inside of a house that smelled almost like a hospital.

"..looks like sleeping beauty is awake." Riven turned his head to see a young man approaching him.

"Who the fuc.."

"Language." Riven relaxed a little as Riley walked into the place, throwing the young man a look as he approached Riven.

"Where are we?" Riven questioned, moving to stand up, but Riley stopped him,

"First, lay back down, and second, we're in Alexandria. The community Aaron was talking about. You're in the infirmary." Riley replied,

Riven leaned back, stretching his legs out in front of him, and Oreo settled beside him.

"Whose this?" Riven gestured towards the young man, and Riley sighed, a clear look of distrust.

Riven noticed, and he instantly didn't like the young man. If Riley didn't like someone, then Riven didn't like them.

Before anyone could answer, a voice rang out, "..finally awake, I see. How are you feeling?"

It was Carol, and Riven wearily looked at her. She was dressed weird, and she was acting weird. It freaked him out.

Riven glanced at Riley, who shrugged in amusement, and Riven looked at Carol, "..fine."

Carol smiled, "Good. You can take a shower, then help me convince Daryl to take one as well. I bought you some clothes."

Carol held out some clothes towards him, and the young man cleared his throat,

"There's a bathroom in the back." He told him,

"Um.. okay." He was beginning to feel uncomfortable with the young man.

He looked towards Riley, who instantly got the hint and forced a smile on his face as he looked at the young man.

"Thank you, Brendon, but we have it from here." Riley said, and the young man, Brendon, nodded.

"Okay, I'll go grab my dad. It might take a bit." With that, Brendon walked out of the infirmary.

"I don't trust that guy." Carol spoke, acting like her old self now, a frown had replaced her smile, and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Me neither." Riley mumbled under his breath before nudging Riven,

"Alright, you shower."

⭐️

Riven felt refreshed after his shower, but he was forced to have his hair brushed by Carol afterward, not that he was complaining it felt nice in a way.

He was now wearing dark jeans with a grey with dark blue sleeves shirt, and his boots, his jacket was missing as per Carol's request of having it wash.