88.

-

"..you gonna tell me how you got that baby?" Riven lifted his head and turned his head towards Michonne, who sat next to him in the Barrington house in one of the rooms.

They could distantly hear arguing coming from another room. Reagan and Melanie had been shouting at each other back and forth for the last ten minutes.

Riven looked back at Mercury, who was sitting in front of them on a blanket with toys surrounding her.

"..I went to a high school, where her mom was, her mom got bit, and her father never returned when he went out to find food," Riven replied, "her mom asked me to take care of her, and I am,"

Riven smiled a little as Mercury giggled, "her name is Mercury, Mer for short."

"Did you like it? The school?" Michonne questioned, and Riven shrugged,

"It was okay.."He said, "but I like the library, though."

Michonne chuckled, "You know, if you went to high school, you'll probably be the cute nerd always in the library."

Riven chuckled, "Yeah, maybe.." Riven trailed off as the door to the room opened, and Reagan walked in,

"Come on, we're leaving." Reagan told him, walking over and picking up Mercury,

Riven stood up with the help of Michonne, leaning on her for support, and Michonne glared at Reagan.

"Riven and Mercury aren't leaving." Michonne told him, and Reagan ignored her as he reached forward, grabbing Riven's arm, pulling him forward.

"Yes, they are." Riven leaned against Reagan, taking a deep breath,

"Rea.. I can't walk." Reagan looked down at Riven with a deep frown,

"Can you make it to the truck?" He questioned, and Riven huffed a little,

"Can you make it to the truck," he says." Rive mumbled under his breath, and Reagan gave him a look.

"What do you think?" Riven sarcastically asked, reaching his hand out towards Michonne,

Michonne instantly was at his side, helping him to chair as Melanie rushed in, glaring at Reagan.

Reagan deeply sighed before passing Mercury to Riven.

"You can't be seriously considering going back to Negan," Melanie shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest, "Stay here, help us take down Negan once and for all."

"You know I can't, Melanie." Reagan told her, and Melanie scoffed,

"No, I don't, actually. So, why don't you tell me why?" Melanie said, taking a step closer to her brother, "tell me why is he more important than me!?"

Mercury started to fuss from the arguing, and Riven held her closer, glaring at the siblings,

"If you two are gonna continue arguing, do it somewhere else. You're making Mer upset." Riven spoke, causing the siblings to glance at him.

Melanie looked back at Reagan, seeing the way his eyes had softened when he stared at Mercury and Riven, "Are you really going to take them back there?"