7~ Shattered Resolve

Authors pov

Hoseok woke up in a room bathed in bright light, his eyes squinting against the glare. He blinked several times, trying to adjust to the unfamiliar brightness. As he slowly sat up, he realized he was in a luxurious room, far from his own modest space. The king-sized bed was adorned with flowery drapes cascading from the top, and the pure white sheets added to the opulence of the setting.

A rush of panic gripped him as he recognized the room wasn’t his. He leaped out of bed and rushed to the door, pounding on it and shouting. “Let me out! Whoever you are, let me go!”

He continued to bang on the door for what felt like an eternity, his frustration growing as he threw a vase against the wall and scattered the bed sheets. His anger and desperation were evident as he screamed for release, his voice hoarse from the effort.

Eventually, Hoseok collapsed on the floor, his face flushed and his breath coming in ragged gasps. He looked around at the mess he had made, his anger dissipating into exhaustion.

The door swung open, and the six brothers—Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook—entered the room. Their faces were a mix of irritation and cold amusement as they surveyed the disarray.

Hoseok’s eyes widened in recognition, and he jumped to his feet with a furious scream. “I knew it was you assholes! Who else would kidnap an orphan? Only six psychos who can’t take no for an answer!”

Taehyung chuckled, his voice dripping with disdain. “No one’s coming for you, Hoseok. Not the police, not anyone. The police worship us; they wouldn’t dare interfere.”

Hoseok’s anger flared further. He shot Taehyung the middle finger, his face a mask of fury. “I don’t care who you think you are! Let me out now, or I’ll make sure everyone knows what you’ve done!”

Namjoon stepped forward with a smirk. “You’ll get to know who we are soon enough.”

Hoseok stomped his foot. “Take me out of here! This is kidnapping, and I’ll make sure you pay for it.”

Jungkook approached him, a cold smile on his face. “We’ll release you, but only if you agree to our offer. You know what we want.”

Hoseok’s face twisted in disgust as he spat on Jungkook’s face. “I’d rather die than have anything to do with you! I’m straight, and you’re never getting near me.”

Jungkook’s expression darkened. He wiped the spit from his face, his anger palpable. Without warning, he slapped Hoseok across the face with such force that Hoseok staggered and fell to the floor, blood seeping from his split lip.

Hoseok cried out, clutching his bruised cheek. “You bastard! What’s wrong with you?”

Jungkook wasn’t finished. He kicked Hoseok in the stomach, causing him to gasp in pain. “Don’t you ever disrespect me like that again, you little shit! You think you’re something special? You’re just a worthless, pathetic loser!”

Hoseok coughed, blood spilling from his mouth. His cheek was swelling from the slap, and his body ached from the kick. Jungkook’s harsh words echoed in his ears as he lay on the floor, struggling to breathe.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair in frustration. “You better start showing some respect, Hoseok. If you don’t, things are only going to get worse for you.”

With that, Jungkook left the room, followed by the other brothers. They closed the door behind them, locking it with a key. The sound of the door clicking shut was final and ominous.

Hoseok lay on the floor, his body spread out like a starfish. He breathed through his nose, trying to ease the pain in his ribs. The fear and confusion were overwhelming, and tears of frustration welled up in his eyes. The room was silent except for his ragged breaths, and he felt utterly alone.

He spat out the blood in his mouth and stared up at the ceiling, his mind a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. The harsh reality of his situation was sinking in, leaving him scared and uncertain about what would come next.