17~ The Torture Continues

Authors pov

The room was shrouded in small light. Hoseok remained on the bed, his body trembling in pain and exhaustion. Every breath was a struggle, his lungs heavy with the weight of his torment. He couldn't move, not because he was physically restrained, but because the pain was too much to bear. His back throbbed with a dull, relentless ache, the wounds still fresh and raw beneath the bandages Taehyung had applied.

Hoseok's mind was a haze of confusion and fear. He kept replaying Taehyung's words over and over in his head, each repetition driving him deeper into despair. "This is your life now," Taehyung had said, and Hoseok couldn't stop the tears that welled up in his eyes. He didn't want this life—he wanted to escape, to run far away from this nightmare, but he knew it was impossible. The brothers had made sure of that.

As the minutes dragged on, Hoseok tried to focus on anything other than the pain. He listened to the distant sounds of the house, the footsteps that passed the door, the occasional muffled voices. It was too quiet, too oppressive, and Hoseok's heart pounded in his chest, his anxiety spiking with every passing second. He knew the brothers weren't done with him. The worst was yet to come.

The door creaked open, and Hoseok tensed, his breath catching in his throat. He didn't want to see who was coming in. He didn't want to face whatever new horror awaited him. But he couldn't avoid it.

Namjoon entered first, his expression cold and unreadable as he approached the bed. Hoseok's heart sank as he watched him come closer. Namjoon didn't say a word as he sat on the edge of the bed, his gaze fixed on Hoseok's trembling form. Hoseok tried to pull away, but his body refused to cooperate, the pain anchoring him in place.

"You’re so weak," Namjoon said, his voice low and devoid of any emotion. "Pathetic, really. Do you think this is all some kind of mistake? That you can just walk away from us?"

Hoseok didn't respond, his eyes filled with tears as he looked up at Namjoon. His lips quivered, and he bit down hard, trying to suppress the sobs that threatened to break free.

Namjoon reached out, his hand gripping Hoseok's chin and forcing him to look him in the eyes. "Answer me," he demanded, his tone sharper now, tinged with anger.

"I-I don't know," Hoseok stammered, his voice barely above a whisper. "Please… I just want to go home…"

"This is your home now," Namjoon spat, releasing Hoseok's chin with a rough shove. "You belong to us. There’s no escape."

Jin stepped into the room next, his eyes narrowing as he took in Hoseok’s broken state. Unlike Namjoon, Jin's expression was one of dark amusement, as though he found the whole situation entertaining. He moved to stand next to Namjoon, a cruel smile playing on his lips.

"Look at you," Jin sneered. "Crying like a little bitch. You should be thanking us for even keeping you alive."

Hoseok's breath hitched as Jin's words cut deep, the verbal assault adding to the misery that consumed him. He wanted to fight back, to defend himself, but he knew it was pointless. There was no winning against them.

"Why don’t you show some gratitude?" Jin continued, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "After all, we could’ve just left you to rot in that dungeon."

Hoseok couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. They streamed down his face, silent and relentless, as he listened to their taunts. His mind screamed for it to stop, but all he could do was endure it.

Jungkook entered the room next, his presence bringing with it an air of menace that made Hoseok shiver. The youngest of the brothers, but no less ruthless, Jungkook’s eyes glinted with a mix of hunger and cruelty. He approached the bed, his gaze raking over Hoseok’s prone form with a predatory gleam.