24~ The Aftermath

Authors pov

Hoseok knelt on the floor of the bathroom’s bath stall, the warm water from the shower cascading over him. The droplets trickled down his body, soothing his battered skin, though the relief was fleeting. His body still twitched from the aftershocks of the earlier torment. He kept his head bowed, palms resting on his knees, his breath uneven.

The water continued to flow down his back, mingling with the painful welts from the previous punishment. His skin stung with every drop that touched it, each touch a reminder of the lashes he had endured. Hoseok tried to focus on the sensation of the water, hoping it might numb the pain, but his thoughts were overwhelmed by the suffering.

He finally opened his eyes and stared at the wall in front of him. His trembling hand moved to rest on his baby bump, feeling a moment of connection with the life growing inside him amidst the chaos of his own despair.

Suddenly, Hoseok felt a disturbing sensation. He furrowed his eyebrows as he felt something warm and wet cascading down his thighs. His gaze dropped, and his eyes widened in horror as he saw blood mixing with the water flowing down his legs. The sight was terrifying; there was so much blood.

“Why… why is this happening?” Hoseok’s voice was barely a whisper as he struggled to understand the severity of the situation. His breathing grew heavy and erratic.

He attempted to move, but his strength was waning. The blood continued to flow, mingling with the water, and Hoseok’s vision blurred as panic set in. His knees buckled, and despite his efforts, he collapsed onto the cold tile floor. The shower continued its relentless stream, washing the blood away but doing little to ease his anguish.

As he lay there, the warm water pouring over him, Hoseok’s breathing became shallow. His eyes, now half-open, stared blankly at the ceiling. He could hear the sound of the running water, a cruel irony in its soothing nature. The pain and exhaustion were too much, and he felt himself slipping into unconsciousness.