30~ Hunted and Haunted

Authors pov

Three days later...

Three days had passed since Hoseok's supposed death, but the six brothers couldn't find peace. They were now in the hospital's CCTV camera room, driven by a gnawing suspicion that something was wrong. When they had conducted a DNA test on the ashes they thought were Hoseok's, they were horrified to discover it was goat DNA instead. Their grief turned to fury, and for three days, they relentlessly searched for any trace of Hoseok and the doctor, only to come up empty-handed.

Now, they stood menacingly over a trembling security guard, a gun pressed to the back of his head. The man nervously pressed play on the CCTV footage from that fateful day. The screen flickered to life, showing the inside of the ICU. The brothers watched in stunned silence as the doctor helped Hoseok, even giving him a credit card. Another clip revealed Hoseok following a man they didn't recognize, both getting into a truck and speeding away.

The final footage showed the doctor on the phone before a man arrived with a gurney carrying a body. Everything clicked into place—the deception, the lengths to which they had been fooled.

Namjoon, overwhelmed by rage, screamed and pulled the trigger, killing the guard instantly. The man slumped over the console, lifeless. The brothers were seething as they stormed out of the room, Yoongi ordering their men to search every corner of South Korea. They still believed Hoseok was in the country, unaware he had escaped abroad.

Jungkook, unable to contain his frustration, screamed Hoseok's name as he pounded on a trash can with his foot, while the others fumed in silence, their minds racing with thoughts of vengeance. Jimin cracked his neck, a dark chuckle escaping his lips. "Hoseok better pray we don't find him," he muttered ominously, leaving the threat unfinished as they climbed into their car, the chauffeur driving off at breakneck speed.

Meanwhile, Hoseok had landed in France and spent two days in a hotel. Now, standing in front of the door to his new apartment, he held the key in his hand, his heart pounding. With a deep breath, he unlocked the door and stepped inside, immediately locking it behind him out of paranoia.

The apartment was cozy and simple, a small but inviting space waiting for Hoseok to add his personal touch. The living room was spacious with warm, wooden floors and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. A small kitchen was tucked into one corner, equipped with modern appliances. The bedroom was modest but comfortable, with a large bed that looked like it hadn't been slept in yet. The walls were a soft, calming shade of cream, and the air smelled faintly of fresh paint.

Hoseok dropped his luggage and looked around, tears welling up in his eyes. It was everything he had ever wanted—a place to escape, to start over. But as he fell to the floor, covering his face with his hands, the overwhelming reality of his situation hit him like a wave. He had escaped, but he was far from free.

He cried heavily, his sobs echoing in the empty apartment. The horrors he had endured, the scars—both physical and emotional—were too deep. Even now, he could feel their presence, haunting his every thought, invading his dreams whenever he dared to sleep. He was a broken man, and he knew he would never be the same Hoseok again.

As he leaned against the door, clutching his chest, he cried and cried, wishing desperately that he could forget. But deep down, he knew that some wounds would never heal.